She will join an all-star cast that includes Donald Glover as Simba and James Earl Jones, who is reprising his role from the 1994 animated film as Mufasa. See the sweeping tweet for yourself. The Lion King adaptation is being billed as "live-action" but it sounds like it's actually CGI, unless they're going to be putting Donald and Bey in cute lion outfits.
Rumors have swirled in Hollywood for months about Beyoncé's reported attachment to the project, but she waited until Wednesday to confirm her role as Nala in a Facebook post. In addition, child actors JD McCrary and Shahadi Wright Joseph will voice young Simba and Nala respectively. When it comes to the dynamic duo of Timon and Pumbaa, Billy Eichner will be one half as the know it all meerkat Timon and Seth Rogen will be delivering the jokes s Pumbaa.
The Lion King is set to debut in theaters on July 19, 2019. It also shows that Disney has high predictions for the film's box office potential, which is completely understandable after The Jungle Book made over $966 million. It's only right that one of the most beloved voices in the world will give life to a fan-favorite lead character in the remake of one of the most beloved films of all time.
- Freeman Recognized for Patient Safety
- Jeep reveals next-generation Jeep Wrangler
- Heidi Klum's "Thriller" Werewolf Costume Had Some Fans Seriously Confused!
- Majority of Playoff Teams Don't Start in the Top 4
- Inspiring Young People, Selena Gomez Named 'Billboard's 2017 Women of the Year'
- Bill Belichick: Pats QB situation wasn't 'sustainable'
- Latvia ranked 20th in the world in gender equality index
- Kevin Spacey full sex scandal, he plans to seek treatment Here
- Lawmakers slam social media giants for fake news and Russian ads
- Samsung Experience 9.0, Galaxy S8 Android 8.0 beta now ready