The announcement was made following 46-year-old actor Anthony Rapp's allegation against Spacey of inappropriately touching him when he was 14 years old. "It seems like you only needed to be a man under 30 for him to feel free to touch us". Beal-then 19 years old- was working in the bar when Spacey allegedly followed him outside during a cigarette break.
The Old Vic has said no formal complaints were ever made against Spacey during his tenure, but the theater said it was setting up a confidential email address for people to report experiences of harassment. He then met Spacey again while in line for Shakespeare in the Park in 1983, he said, and this time Spacey gave him his number, and they began a relationship. He also claimed, "I myself had a couple of nasty encounters with Spacey that were on the verge of being called harassment".
Speaking to Vulture, the man - who chose to remain anonymous for privacy reasons - said he first met Spacey aged 12 in 1983, at a community acting class in NY. "I never let anything happen, but know of a few who were too scared to stop him". "He was telling me to come with him, to leave the bar".
"I had PTSD for six months after", he claims.
A spokesperson for the Old Vic declined The N.Y. Times' interview requests, while the theater's statement to The Guardian said, "The Old Vic is not now in a position to comment on specifics of what may have taken place in the past".
- The Broncos are in quarterback hell
- The Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. (CTSH) - Research Analysts' Weekly Ratings Updates
- Jeep reveals next-generation Jeep Wrangler
- Wendy Williams Collapsed On Live Television
- Apple iPhone X: Ultra-Fast Face ID Causing A Slowdown
- Make Sure This Halloween Is Filled With Treats, Not So Many Tricks
- Inspiring Young People, Selena Gomez Named 'Billboard's 2017 Women of the Year'
- Bill Belichick: Pats QB situation wasn't 'sustainable'
- New York City police investigate shooting in Manhattan
- Lawmakers slam social media giants for fake news and Russian ads