Luck hurt his throwing shoulder all the way back in 2015 and played with the injury for more than a year before finally undergoing surgery in January of 2017 to fix a torn labrum.
Luck on Thursday told Colts.com that he's "very optimistic" about his future, however.
"I wish I was better and 100 percent this season", Luck told the team's website, "but that's not the case".
"I know I will be a better quarterback, teammate, person and player".
"The consensus from all the doctors is to continue rehab and to be patient", Colts general manager Chris Ballard said. It's hard to believe Luck won't be ready for 2018, but knowing what we know right now, it should not be taken for granted.
There are few certainties in the ongoing saga of Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck's struggle to get back on the field. "I've not got that from one doctor".
Rather than have offseason shoulder surgery then, Luck opted for rest. "It's long-term and we said that". Career-ending is putting him out on the field before he's ready to play - that is where you should be concerned.
Ballard said the upcoming rehab will change for Luck, with this program including different approaches to strength and recovery, compared to the original plan. The Colts have used an NFL-high 42 starting offensive line combinations since selecting Luck No. 1 overall in 2012, according to ESPN Stats & Information.
Luck, a Stratford (Houston) high school alum, began to practice again in October. We saw it in his ability to overcome a 38-10 deficit in the third quarter and beat the Kansas City Chiefs in the playoffs in 2014. He's a difference maker.
"I don't think we are [going to see Luck again]".
- Trader Alert: Unusual Volume Spotted in CalAtlantic Group, Inc. (NYSE:CAA)
- Spelunky 2 has been announced
- Freeman Recognized for Patient Safety
- Constellation jumps into pot with Canopy Growth stake
- Make Sure This Halloween Is Filled With Treats, Not So Many Tricks
- HTC could make a serious comeback with the HTC U11 Plus
- Latvia ranked 20th in the world in gender equality index
- Lawmakers slam social media giants for fake news and Russian ads
- Wendy Williams Collapsed On Live Television
- Rockwell Automation Inc. (NYSE:ROK) Experiencing Unusual Activity Mid-day