Definitely interesting to see Microsoft partner with Razer to sell this monster of a phone. The 120Hz refresh rate of Razer Phone is similar with the current iPad Pro 10.5. The startup was acquired by Razer earlier this year. If you look closely, Razer Phone might mimic the cloud-based Nextbit Robin, which was launched in 2016.
Dave Dyson, CEO at Three UK, said: "My ambition is always to innovate in ways that deliver better experiences to our customers and a partnership with Razer is a flawless fit". These house the THX "certified" dual-amplifier speakers. However, the Razer Phone's speakers lack a solid bass response, and tend to crack and distort pretty noticeably at near-maximum volume - which is a good thing that it's louder than most flagships even at only 50 per cent volume. Like the new Apple iPhones, the Razer Phone will not have a 3.5mm audio jack, but it will come with a USB-C adapter.
Now let's talk about the display.
The phone itself features a 5.74 inch, as well as a smartphone first: a 120hz display. When the battery level is high you get smooth as silk visuals in video and games and when the battery level gets lower the refresh rate is clocked down to conserve battery. The Razer Phone also introduces its very own Game Booster app to further optimize the gaming performance at minimum power.
Powering the phone is Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 mobile processor and 8GB of DDR4 RAM.
Other specifications on the new handset include 64GB of storage, the handset also comes with a microSD card slot which supports cards up to 2TB in size. In the camera department, the smartphone sports a dual-camera setup at the rear, featuring two 12-megapixel sensors. At the front is an 8MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture. As for software, the smartphone will ship with the Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system out of the box.
The Razer Phone launches November 17 in the USA and Europe for $699 United States dollars. The smartphone will start shipping from November 17. We've gone over some of the details on this device in brief already - like when and how you'll be able to get one. In the UK, Three has confirmed that it will be selling the handset soon. 1,337 special edition units will be available, which feature the green Razer logo.
- Wendy Williams Collapsed On Live Television
- Okafor's option not being picked up by Sixers
- Beyoncé joins the cast of Disney's "The Lion King"
- Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller Indicts Two More Trump Campaign Officials
- Inspiring Young People, Selena Gomez Named 'Billboard's 2017 Women of the Year'
- Rockwell Automation Inc. (NYSE:ROK) Experiencing Unusual Activity Mid-day
- Ravens continue season against backup QBs with Colts' Andrew Luck on IR
- The Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. (CTSH) - Research Analysts' Weekly Ratings Updates
- El Shaarawy double as Roma maul Chelsea
- HTC could make a serious comeback with the HTC U11 Plus