India drafted in the debutant Mohammad Siraj in the place of Ashish Nehra who retired from global cricket after the previous game.
New Zealand have hit top gear in a 40-run thumping of India in the second T20 worldwide in Rajkot.
We look at the two good and bad performances from the match after the Kiwis stormed right back into the series.
"We'll look to bat first". Adam Milne is in for Tim Southee and Glenn Phillips comes in for Tom Latham.
"We always wanted to bowl first". It's an opportunity for us to restrict them. "The dew could be an advantage in the second innings for us", added Kohli.
Given a spot in the starting XI on Saturday following Ashish Nehra's retirement, Siraj had a baptism with fire in Rajkot as New Zealand's batsmen made merry. He's an exciting young talent. Now gets Sharma and the BLACKCAPS have both openers. Ashish Nehra bowed out of global cricket on his home turf with an economical spell of four overs for 29 runs. Moreover, India becomes the 3rd hosting nation where New Zealand gets to play 100 matches after Australia (141) and England (121).
2 - Munro is now the 2nd player to score a century and take a wicket in the same T20I game.
"This is a belter. It was when I just stood there, watched the ball and tried to hit through the line as hard as I could that it came off". It happens to a lot of batsmen, sometimes you are in good form, but you don't get enough balls.
Skipper Virat Kohli requires 12 runs to go past Tillakaratne as second highest run-getter in T20 internationals.
India: Virat Kohli (captain), Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shikhar Dhawan, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wicketkeeper), Shreyas Iyer, Dinesh Karthik, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Siraj, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, KL Rahul.
New Zealand (Playing XI): Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Kane Williamson (c), Tom Bruce, Glenn Phillips (w), Henry Nicholls, Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Adam Milne, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult.
- Contract employee identified as culprit for Trump's Twitter account disappearance
- Reset your clocks: Daylight saving time ends Sunday
- Pound plunges as Bank hikes interest rates
- Krajinovic downs Isner to reach Paris final
- Ravens continue season against backup QBs with Colts' Andrew Luck on IR
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Gaming handset unveiled with 120Hz refresh rate, same as iPad Pro 10.5
- Blimey it's a new Overwatch map, hero and animated short
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager