The result marked the first time Liverpool recorded back-to-back league victories since August. The second goal we can call a lapse of concentration or unluckiness.
Goals: Lanzini 55′; Salah 21′, 76′, Matip 24', Oxlade-Chamberlain 56′.
"I decided after just one training session to bring Sadio in from the beginning", revealed Reds boss Jurgen Klopp. "That's different", Klopp said. Sadio is a naturally fit player, he is a machine.
10 minutes into the second-half Manuel Lanzini gave the hosts hope after he pulled one back, in a very well taken goal which sparked hopes of a comeback.
And West Ham are lining up the ex-Manchester United boss as his replacement until the end of the season.
The in-form Andre Ayew came into this clash with three goals in his past two outings and he nearly added to that tally in the ninth minute. Matip tapped into an empty net after Hart initially prevented an own goal with a fine save. Meanwhile, West Ham remain a point above the relegation zone after their winless run was extended to four games.
Roberto Firmino fed Oxlade-Chamberlain, who saw his initial effort well saved by Hart but the winger reacted quickest to smash home his second attempt.
When detailed by Slaven Bilic to stay with their man, it can't have been easy for any West Ham player to follow his instructions as Liverpool rotated from minute to minute.
"I have to talk to the chairman, we are going to discuss this defeat", he said. West Ham boast neither the technical quality nor the right system to genuinely outplay Liverpool in midfield, but in those two situations, nearly outside the overall tactical battle, they might have caused problems. This was not one of them, although the Hammers were just dreadfully flat, short of attacking spark or interplay between their attackers.
- Singapore Airlines to Bump Up A380 Seat Count in Revenue Push
- Ravens continue season against backup QBs with Colts' Andrew Luck on IR
- Aaron Rodgers says fans should 'temper expectations' on 2017 return
- Lawmakers slam social media giants for fake news and Russian ads
- Jeep reveals next-generation Jeep Wrangler
- Beyoncé joins the cast of Disney's "The Lion King"
- Jennifer Lawrence Dropped a Taylor Swift Reference to Kim Kardashian's Face
- Tesla Posts Loss, Boosting Pressure to Speed Output of Model 3
- Millie Bobby Brown Raps a Stranger Things Season 1 Recap
- The Broncos are in quarterback hell