Following Friday's 130-122 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers, Washington Wizards point guard John Wall's left arm was in a sling as he took questions from the media. "I can imagine there's no, like, panic in their locker room".
In his season debut, Wizards forward Markieff Morris had two points, four rebounds and one flagrant foul on Crowder in 16 minutes.
No matter the various ways James picked apart the Wizards' defense like he was going up against ninth graders, shooting multiple fadeaway jumpers like it was nothing, let's zero in on the fact he shot two air-balls late in the game after playing 43 minutes!
James, who is in his 15th National Basketball Association season, finished just four points shy of his career-high 61 set in 2014 against the Charlotte Bobcats. Eric Gordon and Luc Mbah a Moute each scored 20 points for Houston, which led 69-51 in its highest-scoring first half of the season. Washington trailed 104-93 through three quarters. Beal, who is averaging 22.4 points, was just 6-of-24 from beyond the arc in the first six games. James reached at least 10 points for the 800th game in a row; Michael Jordan (866) is the only other National Basketball Association player with a streak that long. Also, Wall has scored in double figures in every game in Washington's torrid offense that scores 113.5 points per game, third highest in the league. Last season, he became the youngest to reach 27,000, and then the youngest to reach 28,000. Otto Porter Jr. and Marcin Gortat added 15 points and five rebounds each. He had 15 points. However, after sitting out games on November 5 and 12, Wall started 70 consecutive games before Coach Scott Brooks rested starters in the final two regular season matchups.
And as we've seen so far this season, the Cavs once again don't look like a team that plans on peaking any time before April. "That is what we have to lean on throughout this whole season, moments like that, especially in critical parts of the game like going into the fourth quarter". If he can't show up in big games like these, it makes many wonder whether the Wizards seriously have the ability to make it past the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Still, it will cost him at least Sunday's game and his next opportunity to play will be Tuesday against the Mavericks.
- Does Tesla have enough cash to fix Model 3 production woes?
- Singapore Airlines to Bump Up A380 Seat Count in Revenue Push
- Change fire alarm batteries, too
- Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller Indicts Two More Trump Campaign Officials
- Jimmy Fallon's mother Gloria Fallon dies at 68 in NYC hospital
- Slaven Bilic: West Ham manager confirms talks with bosses over future
- Aaron Rodgers says fans should 'temper expectations' on 2017 return
- Krajinovic downs Isner to reach Paris final
- Latvia ranked 20th in the world in gender equality index
- Reset your clocks: Daylight saving time ends Sunday