In Dungeon Runs! you have to take on random bosses and each time you defeat a boss you learn new cards increasing your power.
Kobolds and Catacombs was revealed at BlizzCon today, and will dive into the subterranean world of the kobolds and the things they find (and run away from) while digging and scavenging underground. Plus, if you were lucky enough to either visit BlizzCon or get a Virtual Ticket, you will gain a special gold edition Kobolds & Catacombs card.
"It's essentially a Hearthstone roguelike and it's our most replayable single-player content ever", Brode explained. Kobolds and Catacombs will bring legendary weapon cards for all nine classes, even if they have never had weapons before. Rin, the First Disciple is potentially the most powerful card in Hearthstone, if not any CCG, because she gives players a set of Seal cards that summon demons.
Be careful though, because it seems losing a single battle will spell the end of the Dungeon Run. This pirate card will summon a 0/8 treasure chest for your opponent, and breaking it gets you some awesome loot. The chosen bundle is added to their deck, giving players more cards to use heading into their next battle. Other cards revealed thus far include Crushing Walls which destroys your opponent's left and right-most minions.
Recruit is another mechanic in the expansion that simply pulls a random minion from a player's deck into play.
We also got a taste of a new Priest Weapon, Dragon Soul.
A release date for Kobolds & Catacombs wasn't announced at Blizzcon, but we do know the latest expansion will be available in December. The Priest weapon was revealed to be called "Dragonsoul" that summons a 5/5 dragon for every three spells cast.
A direct throwback to Tunnels and Trolls, the single player PnP RPG from way back when and recently revived in MetaArcade, Kobolds and Catacombs launch next month.
There are also a number of risky passive cards being slotted into the mix, which you can see in the gallery at the bottom of the article along with all of the other newly-announced cards from BlizzCon 2017 so far...
- Twitter employee shuts down Donald Trump's account on last day of work
- Gaming handset unveiled with 120Hz refresh rate, same as iPad Pro 10.5
- Blimey it's a new Overwatch map, hero and animated short
- 3 reasons Michigan State will win Big Ten
- Amazon Wants To Make Lord of The Rings A Streaming TV Show
- Paz de la Huerta: Weinstein raped me twice in my apartment
- Iowa routs Ohio State to squash the Buckeyes' playoff path
- Achmea Investment Management BV Acquires New Holdings in Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCK)
- Social media reacts to Panthers slow start, bounce back win vs Atlanta
- Pound plunges as Bank hikes interest rates