The Roots drummer Questlove, leader of the NBC late-night show band, told TMZ that he didn't know when "The Tonight Show" would resume taping again but expressed sympathy and support for Fallon. If you remember, Colbert lost his own mother Lorna back during his time on The Colbert Report and offered up a moving tribute to her, which you can see at the bottom of this article. A repeat episode aired in its place.
The comedian, who has two young children with wife Nancy, is known to keep his family life private but has shared amusing anecdotes about his mother recently. Jimmy Fallon has also featured his mom in the show's hashtag segment, #MomQuotes.
"My mom and I were talking on the phone for the third time that day and she actually said, 'We don't talk enough, ' " he tweeted. On Saturday, his mother Gloria passed away with Fallon by her side. "My dad was in Vietnam, and he was in a doo-wop group", Fallon said. In June, the host revealed on "The Howard Stern Show" that his mother used to be a nun, albeit very briefly. She met her husband, James Fallon, while they were in high school together in Brooklyn.
- 3 reasons Michigan State will win Big Ten
- Reset your clocks: Daylight saving time ends Sunday
- Change fire alarm batteries, too
- Jennifer Lawrence Dropped a Taylor Swift Reference to Kim Kardashian's Face
- Aaron Rodgers says fans should 'temper expectations' on 2017 return
- Amazon Wants To Make Lord of The Rings A Streaming TV Show
- Contract employee identified as culprit for Trump's Twitter account disappearance
- Does Tesla have enough cash to fix Model 3 production woes?
- Latvia ranked 20th in the world in gender equality index
- HTC could make a serious comeback with the HTC U11 Plus