The Roots drummer Questlove, leader of the NBC late-night show band, told TMZ that he didn't know when "The Tonight Show" would resume taping again but expressed sympathy and support for Fallon. If you remember, Colbert lost his own mother Lorna back during his time on The Colbert Report and offered up a moving tribute to her, which you can see at the bottom of this article. A repeat episode aired in its place.
The comedian, who has two young children with wife Nancy, is known to keep his family life private but has shared amusing anecdotes about his mother recently. Jimmy Fallon has also featured his mom in the show's hashtag segment, #MomQuotes.
"My mom and I were talking on the phone for the third time that day and she actually said, 'We don't talk enough, ' " he tweeted. On Saturday, his mother Gloria passed away with Fallon by her side. "My dad was in Vietnam, and he was in a doo-wop group", Fallon said. In June, the host revealed on "The Howard Stern Show" that his mother used to be a nun, albeit very briefly. She met her husband, James Fallon, while they were in high school together in Brooklyn.
- Blimey it's a new Overwatch map, hero and animated short
- Reset your clocks: Daylight saving time ends Sunday
- Latvia ranked 20th in the world in gender equality index
- Deshaun Watson out for season with torn ACL
- Black Caps crush India thanks to Munro ton
- Kevin Spacey full sex scandal, he plans to seek treatment Here
- Does Tesla have enough cash to fix Model 3 production woes?
- Singapore Airlines to Bump Up A380 Seat Count in Revenue Push
- Beyoncé joins the cast of Disney's "The Lion King"
- Pound plunges as Bank hikes interest rates