"Don't download iOS 11.1 unless you want to see the letter "I" as "[?]".
This document will be updated as more information becomes available.
The bug will eventually be permanently fixed in a software update, Apple said.
According to the website, iPhone users need to go to Settings, General, Keyboard and then Text Replacement on their device. For now, its recommending people set up Text Replacement on their devices for the lowercase letter "i". You could also turn off predictive text and/or autocorrect and be forced to proofread again.
Apple is introducing a new App Store pricing feature for developers starting with iOS 11.2. You can address iOS 11's bug by enabling the Quick Type suggestions (those three boxes with words that appear as you're typing).
The other way to fix the glitch in the interim is to download and use a third-party keyboard app.
"WHY does my #iphone keep changing the letter "i" to I?!"
Apple is yet to respond to MailOnline's request for comment.
'WTF if wrong with iPhone now and this stupid symbols when I type the letter I!,' user @TheJeanAbraham wrote.
The new software launched last Tuesday and features hundreds of new emoji.
- Blimey it's a new Overwatch map, hero and animated short
- 3 reasons Michigan State will win Big Ten
- Amazon Wants To Make Lord of The Rings A Streaming TV Show
- Twitter employee shuts down Donald Trump's account on last day of work
- Singapore Airlines to Bump Up A380 Seat Count in Revenue Push
- Contract employee identified as culprit for Trump's Twitter account disappearance
- Multiple deaths in Texas church shooting
- Jennifer Lawrence Dropped a Taylor Swift Reference to Kim Kardashian's Face
- We Didn't Deserve To Lose To Chelsea - Jose Mourinho
- Rafael Benitez: 'Last-gasp defeat is hard to take'