Wentz threw for four touchdowns against the Denver defense and sat out for the majority of the fourth quarter.
It was another day at the office for Wentz and the Eagles. In addition to scoring two touchdowns on the ground, he caught a 15-yard touchdown in the first quarter. Offensive line has to protect.
"They knew everything we were going to do today". "When you've got hungry guys that are willing to prove themselves, put it on the line every week, you get great results".
Their secondary has been a weakness too.
The Eagles have scored an NFL-high 32 touchdowns and 283 points this season. "They run kind of what the Chiefs do. They had a good game plan", Harris said after the game.
Obviously, Wentz is the type of unselfish player who would prefer to see his team win a Super Bowl instead of taking home a MVP award, but it's tough not to begin the discussion when seeing how much of an impact the Eagles quarterback has made in just his second season. The defense has done enough with Wentz's MVP play to keep them alive, with the defensive line carrying the load.
The Eagles will be a little healthier when they resume the season.
Come playoff time, all you hear about is how defense wins championships.
Their flawless execution of the read option on their first TD - a 32-yard pass to Alshon Jeffery - illustrates this.
Looking at their upcoming schedule, the next month of games is going to test them.
Three of their next four games are on the road against the rival Dallas Cowboys, Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams and should go a long way in determining how much chance the Eagles have of reaching the February 4 Super Bowl in Minneapolis. If they can get out of their upcoming stretch with two to three wins, you have to consider that a victory.
While Eagles fans were ecstatic about the Birds bulldozing through the Broncos' No. 1 ranked defense for 197 rushing yards and the smashing debut of Jay Ajayi, rookie Corey Clement had a big day as well.
It also gives them an opportunity for a mental and emotional rest. Nobody in the National Football League is.
- Change fire alarm batteries, too
- Aaron Rodgers says fans should 'temper expectations' on 2017 return
- Drake One Of Many Apple Users Waiting For The "I" Bug Fix
- Iowa routs Ohio State to squash the Buckeyes' playoff path
- Achmea Investment Management BV Acquires New Holdings in Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCK)
- Bradley Beal, John Wall confident of Wizards' status among top in East
- Government contractor fired for flipping bird at Donald Trump's motorcade
- Rafael Benitez: 'Last-gasp defeat is hard to take'
- Unusual Volume Spikes For: Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO)
- 21st Century Fox shares soar after report of sale talks with Disney