He soon came up with a name to match his fame - "Puff Daddy" or "Puffy".
Then in 2001 Puff became P Diddy.
"So my new name is Love A.K.A. Brother Love", he said. "I just want to say congratulations to all the honorees. I'm something different." Watch the clip below. Hes also been known by his real name Sean John and the nickname Puffy. He reverted back to Puff Daddy in 2014, although fans have mostly referred to him as P. Diddy or Diddy since his trial. He's changing his name yet again.
Why the sudden name change?
The 48-year-old announced the change November 4, his birthday, on Twitter. It totally backfired, however, after he was sued in the U.K by London-based DJ Richard Dearlove who had been performed under the name Diddy since 1992.
For those uneducated in the world of professional wrestling, Bruce Richard, known in the ring as Brother Love quickly let Combs known the name has already been taken.
As for Combs, he doesn't care what you think. In 2005, he dropped the "P" and went with just Diddy, except in the United Kingdom where the name was already claimed. One problem here: Brother Love, who worked for WWE during the late 80s and early 90s, isn't happy. I invented and perfected Brother Love.
- Government contractor fired for flipping bird at Donald Trump's motorcade
- Eagles run out of fireworks during 51 point performance against Broncos
- Amazon Wants To Make Lord of The Rings A Streaming TV Show
- Krajinovic downs Isner to reach Paris final
- Drake One Of Many Apple Users Waiting For The "I" Bug Fix
- Fake WhatsApp version found on Google Play Store
- Multiple deaths in Texas church shooting
- Black Caps crush India thanks to Munro ton
- Contract employee identified as culprit for Trump's Twitter account disappearance
- Achmea Investment Management BV Acquires New Holdings in Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCK)