The 3:59 gives you bite-size news and analysis about the top stories of the day, brought to you by the CNET News team in NY and producer Bryan VanGelder.
The new AR operating system is also dubbed "rOS", much like tvOS is for Apple TV and macOS is for Macs, Bloomberg reported.
Apple was not immediately available for comment. Augmented reality (AR) is a form of VR that blends virtual objects into real world settings. As we've seen from other AR developers, minimizing technology to work in an AR headset is still a hard proposition. Oculus and HTC are building virtual reality headsets, and Microsoft 's new "Mixed Reality" headsets also take advantage of VR. The AR headset will be all inclusive, with its own screen, and an Apple-designed chip. As expected, Apple will be using its own SoC design to power the headset, rather than relying on a third-party to make a chip that meets its requirements/expectations.
Apple first began experimenting with augmented reality a couple of years ago.
Apple are developing a device for augmented reality. Apple plans to give its device all the hardware it needs to operate without a phone. It'll also use a new operating system built out of iOS called rOS, short for "reality operating system", according to Bloomberg.
During the company's most recent earnings call, CEO Tim Cook said they're already seeing things that will transform the way people work, play, connect and learn. Possible applications include messaging, virtual meetings and 360-degree video. The headset will be capable of running its own apps, and have access to a dedicated version of Apple's app store.
It certainly sounds like development on an AR headset is starting to come together over at Apple HQ, but we still have some time to wait before it's ready for a reveal.
Robots are the next step in using technology to explore sexuality. "This means that they will not only introduce an head-mounted display, but show us a number of different applications that have developed that Apple feels best demonstrates the strengths of their tech offering" Nguyen said.
- Dwyane Wade is not a Fan of the Internet
- Twitter Doubles Tweet Limit to 280 Characters
- ACLU defends article linking Taylor Swift to white supremacists
- Weinstein hired spies to silence accusers
- Meek Mill's Lawyer Says Judge Showed 'Enormous Bias' in Sentencing
- Eagles run out of fireworks during 51 point performance against Broncos
- Sean 'Diddy' Combs announces name change to 'Love or Brother Love'
- What's the Song in the 'Fifty Shades Freed' Trailer?
- Facebook asks users to send nude pictures
- Got The Apple 'i' Glitch? Here's How To Fix It