Friday night will likely be busier than Tuesday, for example, so you'll see different estimates depending on which day you choose. Relax as Google is soon rolling out wait times on Google Search - followed by Maps - that will show you the estimated wait-time at your favourite eating hangouts.
Coming soon, Google Search and Google Maps will show estimated wait times for almost a million sit-down restaurants across the world, the company announced today. The answer is simple: if you have enabled location Services, you have not only accepted to receive the research results, targeted geographically, but also share with Google your location and at any time.
Exhausted of long queues at restaurants? In addition to showing you when the restaurant is most popular, that tool will also offer info about what your wait time *might* be during those times when you tap on individual time bars. Google said the wait times will be based on anonymized historical data. You can't manually add this information to your location, and it appears only if Google has sufficient visit data for your business. This will let you plan smart and beat the heavy crowd. These times are shown on the basis of when it gets visits from users. It will give a live snapshot of how busy the place is, and translate that into a table wait.
All in all, I think it's just a matter of giving a try to the Google estimated wait times algorithms.
Google's not the first to provide this data. Popular times are based on average popularity over the last several weeks.
- AT&T told to sell CNN by United States regulators
- Drake One Of Many Apple Users Waiting For The "I" Bug Fix
- Rafael Benitez: 'Last-gasp defeat is hard to take'
- Niantic's Next Game Is Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- Dwyane Wade is not a Fan of the Internet
- Meek Mill's Lawyer Says Judge Showed 'Enormous Bias' in Sentencing
- Government contractor fired for flipping bird at Donald Trump's motorcade
- Despite Trump's Best Efforts, Obamacare Enrollment Reaches New Highs
- Got The Apple 'i' Glitch? Here's How To Fix It
- Eagles run out of fireworks during 51 point performance against Broncos