The Post's trailer is a barn burner of concerned looks and impossibly high ethical stakes.
As previously reported, The Post follows the true story of the Washington Post's legal battle to publish classified information about the Vietnam War and expose a government cover-up that spanned three decades and four USA presidencies.
Meryl Streep as Kay Graham in The Post. Based on a true story, the Steven Spielberg thriller recalls one of the biggest and first major scoops in the history of American journalism. In 1971, Graham and Bradley made the hard decision to publish the classified government documents known as the Pentagon Papers.
Spielberg and Hanks have a long and fruitful relationship however, having worked together on Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me If You Can and most recently Bridge of Spies. An odd couple of sorts, Graham worked with editor Ben Bradlee, played by Tom Hanks in the film, to uncover the truth behind the Pentagon Papers.
The film marks the very first on-screen pairing of Oscar winners Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep. The film also stars Sarah Paulson, Bob Odenkirk, Matthew Rhys, Bradley Whitford, Carrie Coon, Jesse Plemons, David Cross, Alison Brie, Bruce Greenwood, Tracy Letts, Michael Stuhlbarg and Zach Woods. The announcement of Spielberg's The Post came as the reality of a Donald Trump Presidency was already threatening the basic cores of our democracy-the freedom of press and the First Amendment.
The movie gets a limited release on December 22 - just in time for Oscars voting - which is no small feat, considering the film was only just announced this past March.
- Hearthstone: Kobolds and Catacombs Is the Next Expansion
- Eagles run out of fireworks during 51 point performance against Broncos
- Dwyane Wade is not a Fan of the Internet
- Bradley Beal, John Wall confident of Wizards' status among top in East
- Trump administration ends immigration program protecting Central Americans from deportation
- Despite Trump's Best Efforts, Obamacare Enrollment Reaches New Highs
- Netflix Subscribers Being Targeted By 'Well-Designed' Email Scam
- Facebook Messenger payments: How to send and receive money in the UK
- We Didn't Deserve To Lose To Chelsea - Jose Mourinho
- Drake One Of Many Apple Users Waiting For The "I" Bug Fix