An attendee stands in front of the "Call of Duty Black Ops III" video game poster at the Sony PlayStation booth at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, in Los Angeles, California, United States, June 16, 2015.
In its first three days on the market, Call of Duty: WWII surpassed $500 million, which is quite a staggering number if I do say so myself.
Ultimately everything points to Call of Duty: WWII being a landmark success during Activision's important Q3 period. This issue came to a head a year ago with the release of COD: Infinite Warfare, with that game's announcement trailer being one of the most disliked videos on YouTube of all time.
Call of Duty WW2 is now the best-selling digital PS4 game on launch day.
The publisher listened carefully to community feedback after the launch of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare and deciding to opt for a return to the past in the new chapter of the saga.
It seems the developer of "Call of Duty: WW II" has taken its promotion of the game to higher and crazier level. The game has doubled Infinite Warfare's opening weekend sales in its first three days and is tracking to make a fairly successful comeback for the franchise.
"Our $500 million opening weekend was not only bigger than Thor: Ragnarok's, it was bigger than the opening weekends of both Thor and Wonder Woman combined", the Activision press release states. Citing the backlash to the game's futuristic setting, Hirshberg also said that "If anything, [Infinite Warfare] just amplified the demand for boots-on-the-ground that much more".
- Meek Mill's Lawyer Says Judge Showed 'Enormous Bias' in Sentencing
- Apple AR Headset Running 'rOS' Rumored for 2019 Launch
- Carter Page testifies he told Sessions about Russian Federation trip
- Got The Apple 'i' Glitch? Here's How To Fix It
- AT&T told to sell CNN by United States regulators
- 21st Century Fox shares soar after report of sale talks with Disney
- Niantic's Next Game Is Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- Government contractor fired for flipping bird at Donald Trump's motorcade
- OnePlus confirms launch of 'OnePlus 5T' on Nov 16
- LiAngelo Ball, two other UCLA basketball players arrested in China