Davidson's graduation success rate of 98 percent from 2007-2010 was the second highest in the country, according to NCAA statistics released this week.
This is the 16th year where GSR data has been collected as it was developed by the NCAA as part of its academic reform initiative to more accurately measure the success of Division I student-athletes. The University of Arkansas has steadily improved its GSR rate since the measurement was implemented 13 years ago rising from an initial rate of 60 percent to 80 percent in the numbers released on Wednesday.
In the past four years alone, Nebraska has improved its all student-athlete GSR by 9 percent.
"Our coaches and staff emphasize graduating our student-athletes from the moment they arrive on campus", Director of Athletics Dan Radakovich said.
The Flyers have seven teams with a flawless GSR of 100 - men's and women's basketball, men's and women's golf, women's tennis, volleyball and men's cross country. Five public universities - South Carolina, Missouri, LSU, Mississippi State and Alabama - graduated at least 90 percent of their athletes. Football (82), men's track and field (89), men's golf (100), women's golf (100), soccer (100) and women's tennis (100) boasted the top scores in the Big 12 in their respective sports.
The Towson baseball team had the highest Federal Graduation Rate in the CAA, while field hockey, women's soccer and women's swimming and diving had a GSR of 100 percent. First, the GSR holds colleges accountable for those student-athletes who transfer into their school. Men's basketball has had a ideal GSR for the past seven.
The GSR provides a more inclusive calculation of student-athlete academic success. Men's basketball's 100 percent is 21 points higher than the national average for the sport.
The GSR accounts for students who transfer into an institution, including midyear enrollees, and does not penalize schools for outgoing transfer students who leave in good academic standing. The Wildcats score of 85 percent is the second-highest among CAA Football programs.
Loyola had ideal GPRs for men's cross country, men's golf, men's soccer, men's swimming and diving, men's tennis, women's basketball, women's cross country and track and field, women's lacrosse, women's rowing, women's soccer, women's swimming and diving, women's tennis and women's volleyball.
- Spielberg to debut movie about the Washington Post and the Pentagon Papers
- Apple AR Headset Running 'rOS' Rumored for 2019 Launch
- Take Your First Look At Jodie Whittaker As Doctor Who
- "Family values" candidate Roy Moore accused of seducing 14-year-old girl
- Weinstein hired spies to silence accusers
- Google To Show Wait Times At Local Restaurants
- Facebook Messenger payments: How to send and receive money in the UK
- OnePlus confirms launch of 'OnePlus 5T' on Nov 16
- Meek Mill's Lawyer Says Judge Showed 'Enormous Bias' in Sentencing
- Amazon UK customers suffer Xbox One X launch day issues