However, the photo reveals more than just Whittaker's costume; it hints that the next era of Doctor Who will be a lot brighter, more colorful, and possibly more optimistic. We're always hungry for that first peek of how our new Doctor will look and if any past incarnations had some influence to the feel.
Jodie looks fresh faced, with her cropped blonde locks fluttering slightly in the breeze. "I was born in 1982 and Doctor Who has been around longer than me and it's a family I couldn't ever have dreamed I'd be a part of".
Stripes on the sweater point to those on the striped scarf won by Tom Baker's Doctor, while the suspenders pay homage to the 11th Doctor Matt Smith. Those fantastic trousers remind me of Patrick Troughton's 2nd Doctor.
Indeed, that long jacket is very reminiscent of the Tenth Doctor's (#DavidTennant) billowing coat. Capaldi is set to appear one more time as the character for the show's 2017 Christmas Special, which will see the debut of Whittaker in the role and is appropriately titled "The Doctors". What are your thoughts on the new cast members? We here at Movie Pilot are hoping that the Doctor's new garment has equivalently large pockets to store sonic screwdrivers and other inter-dimensional doohickeys! "It's eclectic and weird and it's back to the days when the Doctor actually looked alien". Let me know! By leaving a comment here or finding me on social media! "I really love this".
Released this morning via the Beeb's official Doctor Who Twitter account, the unexpected image quickly gained global attention.
Michelle is a passionate fan for an eclectic variety of topics. It's also pretty windy in Wales where the show by and large films.
- Meek Mill's Lawyer Says Judge Showed 'Enormous Bias' in Sentencing
- Sean 'Diddy' Combs announces name change to 'Love or Brother Love'
- 21st Century Fox shares soar after report of sale talks with Disney
- Apple's next iPad will steal the iPhone X's best features
- Got The Apple 'i' Glitch? Here's How To Fix It
- OnePlus confirms launch of 'OnePlus 5T' on Nov 16
- Eagles run out of fireworks during 51 point performance against Broncos
- ACLU defends article linking Taylor Swift to white supremacists
- Twitter Doubles Tweet Limit to 280 Characters
- Spielberg to debut movie about the Washington Post and the Pentagon Papers