In terms of video quality, both live and pre-recorded shows looked about as good as the Switch's 720p screen can enable, which is to say clear, but not as crisp as on a Full HD 1080p screen. The announcement of the Hulu app was apparently placed at the end of the press release, according to GameSpot.
As of this writing, Hulu is yet to go live on Switch, but hopefully services like Netflix, YouTube and Amazon won't be far behind! It's an inferior version for a much higher price than you can get the PS4, Xbox One, or PC version for. Hulu subscribers who want to watch the service's programming can download Hulu from the Switch's built-in eShop.
The app will be free to download and for new users there's a free trial period to take advantage of. It is really shaping up to be the ideal travel companion, with the option to play games while in transit and presenting many more entertainment options once in the hotel room. As we said in our review earlier this year, the Switch is one of the most impressive consoles Nintendo has ever released, but the fact that it didn't launch with any media apps was odd. However, Nintendo made it clear that its intention with the Switch was to have games be at the forefront of the console. We can only assume and hope that Netflix will be next on the list. In our view, these are not differentiators. Below we've analyzed just how close Doom is on Switch to the PC version graphically. "And that will continue to be our focus into the future as we continue driving this platform". As it debuted in March, that's roughly eight months that Nintendo has had to iron out any kinks that may have been hiding in the console.
- Twitter doubles its character limit to 280
- Reports Lower 4th Quarter Earnings
- New Star Wars series to lure customers from Netflix and Amazon
- Google To Show Wait Times At Local Restaurants
- "Family values" candidate Roy Moore accused of seducing 14-year-old girl
- Louis CK Accused of Masturbating in Front of Women
- Meek Mill's Lawyer Says Judge Showed 'Enormous Bias' in Sentencing
- Ex-Packer Martellus Bennett heads back to New England Patriots
- Spielberg to debut movie about the Washington Post and the Pentagon Papers
- Black Friday Sales to Watch Out For