In terms of video quality, both live and pre-recorded shows looked about as good as the Switch's 720p screen can enable, which is to say clear, but not as crisp as on a Full HD 1080p screen. The announcement of the Hulu app was apparently placed at the end of the press release, according to GameSpot.
As of this writing, Hulu is yet to go live on Switch, but hopefully services like Netflix, YouTube and Amazon won't be far behind! It's an inferior version for a much higher price than you can get the PS4, Xbox One, or PC version for. Hulu subscribers who want to watch the service's programming can download Hulu from the Switch's built-in eShop.
The app will be free to download and for new users there's a free trial period to take advantage of. It is really shaping up to be the ideal travel companion, with the option to play games while in transit and presenting many more entertainment options once in the hotel room. As we said in our review earlier this year, the Switch is one of the most impressive consoles Nintendo has ever released, but the fact that it didn't launch with any media apps was odd. However, Nintendo made it clear that its intention with the Switch was to have games be at the forefront of the console. We can only assume and hope that Netflix will be next on the list. In our view, these are not differentiators. Below we've analyzed just how close Doom is on Switch to the PC version graphically. "And that will continue to be our focus into the future as we continue driving this platform". As it debuted in March, that's roughly eight months that Nintendo has had to iron out any kinks that may have been hiding in the console.
- Apple AR Headset Running 'rOS' Rumored for 2019 Launch
- Amazon UK customers suffer Xbox One X launch day issues
- Meek Mill's Lawyer Says Judge Showed 'Enormous Bias' in Sentencing
- AT&T told to sell CNN by United States regulators
- LiAngelo Ball, two other UCLA basketball players arrested in China
- Apple's next iPad will steal the iPhone X's best features
- Spielberg to debut movie about the Washington Post and the Pentagon Papers
- Facebook Messenger payments: How to send and receive money in the UK
- Record-Breaking Performance: Student-Athlete Graduation Success Rate Tops 80 Percent
- New Star Wars series to lure customers from Netflix and Amazon