Matthew Stafford threw three touchdown passes and the Lions avoided an upset on Sunday, beating the winless Cleveland Browns 38-24 at Ford Field. Detroit also got some big runs from running backs Ameer Abdullah and Theo Riddick. While he wasn't dominant in Sunday's outing, he made an impact with 62 yards - including a 50-yard reception to get Detroit's offense going in the first half.
Kizer, Jackson, and the Browns definitely have a lot of work to do. The teams hadn't faced each other since the 2013 season, when the Lions won at Cleveland, 31-17.
For the second straight game, the Browns got off to a hot start, and it had a little bit to do with both sides of the ball. In the fourth quarter, with Kizer in the locker room, Cody Kessler had Bryce Treggs wide open down the left sideline for what would have been an easy game-tying touchdown.
Hue Jackson has had his share of poor play-calling this year. Running back Duke Johnson moved the chains by the nose of the football.
The tide turned with a rib injury suffered by Browns starting quarterback DeShone Kizer in the third quarter.
Stafford's 40-yard touchdown pass to Tate with 4:28 left gave Detroit a 38-24 advantage.
They rushed for 201 yards and 6.1 yards per carry against a Detroit defense that came into the game giving up just 3.6 yards per carry. It was by far his best performance of the season and reason to believe.
Isaiah Crowell gained 90 yards on 16 carries and scored a touchdown for the Browns (0-9). One had to wonder, could this be the beginnings of an ugly Browns game?
After not punting at all in last week's game, the Lions lost 13 yards and punted on their first possession.
DeValve's Bad Day - DeValve cost the Browns a 29-yard completion to Britt down to the 15 with a holding penalty. They did the usual on the first series and stalled inside the Detroit Lions' 10 yard line.
- Gareth Southgate says England 'not at the same stage' as Germany
- Cryptocurrency Revenue Plunges For NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)
- Record-Breaking Performance: Student-Athlete Graduation Success Rate Tops 80 Percent
- Amazon UK customers suffer Xbox One X launch day issues
- Take Your First Look At Jodie Whittaker As Doctor Who
- There's More: Conor McGregor Slaps Security Guard At Bellator 187
- Respawn Entertainment to be purchased by EA
- The Value of JC Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE:JCP) Underpriced by 32.5%?
- Ex-Packer Martellus Bennett heads back to New England Patriots
- White House urges Moore to leave Senate race if sex allegations true