Matthew Stafford threw three touchdown passes and the Lions avoided an upset on Sunday, beating the winless Cleveland Browns 38-24 at Ford Field. Detroit also got some big runs from running backs Ameer Abdullah and Theo Riddick. While he wasn't dominant in Sunday's outing, he made an impact with 62 yards - including a 50-yard reception to get Detroit's offense going in the first half.
Kizer, Jackson, and the Browns definitely have a lot of work to do. The teams hadn't faced each other since the 2013 season, when the Lions won at Cleveland, 31-17.
For the second straight game, the Browns got off to a hot start, and it had a little bit to do with both sides of the ball. In the fourth quarter, with Kizer in the locker room, Cody Kessler had Bryce Treggs wide open down the left sideline for what would have been an easy game-tying touchdown.
Hue Jackson has had his share of poor play-calling this year. Running back Duke Johnson moved the chains by the nose of the football.
The tide turned with a rib injury suffered by Browns starting quarterback DeShone Kizer in the third quarter.
Stafford's 40-yard touchdown pass to Tate with 4:28 left gave Detroit a 38-24 advantage.
They rushed for 201 yards and 6.1 yards per carry against a Detroit defense that came into the game giving up just 3.6 yards per carry. It was by far his best performance of the season and reason to believe.
Isaiah Crowell gained 90 yards on 16 carries and scored a touchdown for the Browns (0-9). One had to wonder, could this be the beginnings of an ugly Browns game?
After not punting at all in last week's game, the Lions lost 13 yards and punted on their first possession.
DeValve's Bad Day - DeValve cost the Browns a 29-yard completion to Britt down to the 15 with a holding penalty. They did the usual on the first series and stalled inside the Detroit Lions' 10 yard line.
- Veterans Day deals in the Rockford area
- New Star Wars series to lure customers from Netflix and Amazon
- Stock that will multiply your investment: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:APC)
- Record-Breaking Performance: Student-Athlete Graduation Success Rate Tops 80 Percent
- Loftus-Cheek eyeing World Cup
- Eminem, Beyoncé release new single "Walk on Water"
- Call Of Duty: WWII Was Almost Advanced Warfare 2
- Twitter doubles its character limit to 280
- Olympic Gold Medalist Aly Raisman Says Team USA Doctor Sexually Abused Her
- Fans are demanding that George Takei answer to groping allegations