Washington vs. Stanford live stream, start time, betting odds and TV information for Friday night's game between the Huskies and Cardinal. Love was outstanding in this game, avoiding tackles at the line of scrimmage and displaying shiftiness at the second level.
Stanford looks to bounce back from a late loss at Washington State that dealt a blow to its hope of winning a conference title.
While the Cardinal defense put the clamps on Jake Browning and the Washington offense, Love, Stanford's Heisman candidate running back, got going. A tweaked ankle wasn't going to keep Love on the sidelines for long.
The second half was a different story. When the final whistle sounded, he accumulated 166 yards and three touchdowns on 30 carries, almost doubling what the vaunted UW defense had allowed per game to this point in the season. 22 points-after putting up consecutive touchdowns on their first two drives.
Stanford has chose to stick with redshirt freshman QB, K.J.
That meant Washington would punt from its own end zone. Wazzu will need to defeat rival Washington on the road in the Apple Cup on November 25.
Washington faces Stanford on the road Friday.
Costello completed 16 of 27 throws for 211 yards and added 26 rushing yards on five carries in Friday night's win over Washington.
The Huskies are still vying for a spot in the College Football Playoff, and they need a big win over Stanford to help solidify their case.
The Cardinal are coming off a 24-21 loss to No. 19 Washington State that dropped their conference record to 5-2. While its last home game vs. terrible UMass was too close for comfort, Alabama's offense is mediocre at best, and asking the Tide to cover 14 in an environment like this is probably too much.
One advantage Stanford does have over Washington is its use of the pro-style West Coast offense, utilizing four fullbacks, something rarely seen in the current college landscape. If Arizona wins its final two Pac-12 games (including defeating their rival Arizona State in the Territorial Cup) AND USC loses to UCLA, the 'Cats will be crowned Pac-12 South co-champions.
- Gareth Southgate says England 'not at the same stage' as Germany
- Trans Pacific Partnership deal back on track
- Record-Breaking Performance: Student-Athlete Graduation Success Rate Tops 80 Percent
- Twitter doubles its character limit to 280
- Cleveland Browns gave yet another game away
- Stock that will multiply your investment: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:APC)
- Cryptocurrency Revenue Plunges For NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)
- Loftus-Cheek eyeing World Cup
- "Family values" candidate Roy Moore accused of seducing 14-year-old girl
- Eminem, Beyoncé release new single "Walk on Water"