The company has been aiming to get Assistant to do more so that most of your work gets done with simple voice commands.
Ecobee is one of the most convenient thermostats to connect with smart home systems. Say, for example, you're leaving office for home and want to notify your spouse. The virtual assistant can even go online and search for what you need on the internet, craft a to-do list, manage your smart home devices, and more. This is the major reason behind the growing popularity of this technology. This saves the user from having to make a call or shout up the staircase.
Users can now use Google Assistant on their iPhone or Google Home (or Home Mini) speaker to control ecobee, by saying something like "Ok Google, make my home warmer", to activate their ecobee3 lite, ecobee3 and ecobee4 smart thermostats.
Everyday messages can also be broadcast, such as time for breakfast/lunch/dinner, time to leave, and the like, which will be accompanied by a sound. Google adds that the feature will roll out to other languages soon.
Using the steps above, you can broadcast a custom message, either when you are in the house to other rooms or from your smartphone when you are on your way home.
Google Assistant support comes to ecobee smart home products, expanding ecobee's compatibility for smart home control through digital assistants to every voice platform available that can now control connected devices, including Amazon's Alexa Voice Service, and the Apple HomeKit.
If you happen to have an ecobee thermostat for in your home, setting it up to play nice with Google Assistant seems fairly easy. Another highlight of this update is that these devices need not be in the vicinity of the same Wi-Fi connection. In other words, you can only send a message through your phone. Tuesday onwards, all the users will be able to use this update. This means that the next time you are stuck in traffic or have been in an accident, you can inform your family so that they can come to your rescue.
- Gal Gadot Won't Do Wonder Woman Unless Brett Ratner Is Out
- Olympic Gold Medalist Aly Raisman Says Team USA Doctor Sexually Abused Her
- Single's Day trends: $25bn spent in one day
- Google Files Go launches on Android as lightweight toolkit
- Trans Pacific Partnership deal back on track
- Olympian Ibtihaj Muhammad Honored With Barbie Doll
- Some iPhone X Owners Are Seeing Green Lines On Their Displays
- Conservatives smash Keurigs in Sean Hannity interview row
- The Top 5 Heading Into The Weekend
- SA to mark Veterans Day with ceremonies, concerts, parade