The cause of death hasn't been revealed, but it's suspected to be an overdose.
Lil Peep grew up in Long Beach, New York. He was the ringleader of a collective of emo rappers known as the Goth Boi Clique, and a Pitchfork article claimed he was "the future of emo".
Featured image via Facebook. As a live performer, Peep struck a balance between standing as an elusive and mysterious one-man-band, while inspiring an intimacy among his audience that made you feel like you had finally found your people.
Many of Lil Peep's fans shared their thoughts and condolences on Twitter, too.
A statement provided by Sarah Stennett, the CEO of First Access Entertainment, who worked with Lil Peep previous year read, "I am shocked and heartbroken".
Lil Peep's former lover Bella Thorne appeared to be incredibly upset by the news as she took to her Instragram to grieve her loss.
"Well, he was even more f**king great as a person", Bella, 20, said.
The day of his death, he wrote on Instagram: "When I die You'll love me".
DJ Marshemello had toured with Peep, and said they'd just been talking about doing music together.
In a video Åhr posted on Instagram just a few hours before his death, he said he had consumed some prescription drugs as well as some other substances, saying: "I'm good, I'm not sick". The first one I got was this big one right here. "Everyone will miss you man".
With tattoos covering his body and parts of his face and a shock of blond hair, Ahr's striking appearance caught the fashion world's attention. That's the side of myself that I express through music. "Hanging out with him, talking to him about music, the song ideas we were going to do together and touring was so incredible".
- 'Cards Against Humanity' purchases land to stop Mexico border wall
- U.S. gives green signal to 'sensor' pill to track patient's medication
- Cisco Profit, Revenue Outlook Above Estimates; Shares Pop
- French foreign minister to meet Hariri in Saudi, says aide
- SA lose out on Rugby World Cup, France named hosts
- Broadcaster accuses Senator Al Franken of sexual harassment
- Roy Moore's lawyer tries to discredit accuser over yearbook handwriting
- Latest from the press conference in Tehama County
- Consumer chief Cordray reportedly resigns, considering run for OH governor
- Google Assistant Now Broadcasts