Last year, the goal was to raise $37,500 and when the kettles were collected the total was $49,500 mark. "What we spend on average in the course of a year is about $230,000 to $240,000", said the director of Program Services. "We wouldn't have had much of a Christmas if it wasn't for them, so it's just giving back".
The Salvation Army Red Kettle drive is beginning next week.
The sound of kettlebells outside of your favorite neighborhood store means it's officially the kickoff of the holiday donations season for the Salvation Army.
"We provide about 240 lunches a week to different schools in North Bay and area".
The Red Kettle effort began in 1891 as a way to collect funds to help feed those in need during Thanksgiving and Christmas times. The program ended with a closing prayer by the Salvation Army's Major Karen Lyle. "The thing about Lubbock is, we get the call from the Lord above, and we always answer the call".
Kettles are located around Fremont at Walmart, Hy-Vee, Hobby Lobby, Bakers Foods, Walgreens, and the post office.
"I think the economy is a big factor".
Groups that volunteer for a day will get a sponsorship sign on their kettle naming their organization."The Met-Ed/First Energy retirees have committed to fill a spot for the entire day and they will have a sign", Tressler said.
"We used to have these signs that said "Put in Change, and Expect Change", Hansen said".
This Christmas season, every cent helps us turn the hope of those we serve into reality.
- Jerry Jones Apologizes for Racially Insensitive Remark Captured in Video
- Foot Locker Inc. Reports 28% Decline In Q3 Profit
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Mistrial in New Jersey Senator Robert Menendez's Corruption Trial
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Stock Ballooning Up Pre-Bell: Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (NYSE:ANF)
- Best Black Friday wearable tech deals on Amazon UK
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Serena Williams to marry Alexis Ohanian