Peterman's first interception occurred three minutes into the first quarter, with Korey Toomer returning it 59 yards to give the Chargers a 7-0 lead.
Jordan Matthews was listed as questionable for the game after a week of limited practices caused by a knee injury and the team left him on the inactive list for the matchup with the Chargers in Los Angeles. It took Peterman only nine attempts to throw four picks after Taylor threw just three of them in Weeks 1-10 on 254 attempts.
Peterman tied the immortal Keith Null for the most interceptions thrown in a quarterback's first start.
McDermott made a curious decision to start Peterman over Tyrod Taylor earlier this week. "Nobody really knew until today".
The Bills brass believed the offense was not going to evolve with Taylor due to some of his limitations reading the field and making plays within the confines of the pocket, his unwillingness to throw into tight windows or throw receivers open, and a tendency to start halves slowly, sources said. He now has more interceptions on the season than Tom Brady, Dak Prescott, Drew Brees, Jared Goff and Carson Wentz.
In college, Peterman played two years at Tennessee before transferring to Pittsburgh where he played another two years. Peterman finished his debut outing getting benched after halftime after having completed just 6-of-14 passes for 66 yards with five interceptions, zero touchdowns posting a passer rating of 17.9.
- Giants WR Roger Lewis Actually Caught This Pass While Being Interfered With
- Best Black Friday wearable tech deals on Amazon UK
- What Recent Ownership Trends Suggest About Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (WSM)'s Future Performance
- Biggest ever OnePlus screen for new 5T flagship smartphone
- Salvation Army of Joplin holds Red Kettle Drive
- Incredibles 2 Trailer Released by Disney-Pixar: Oh, Baby!
- Bucs beat mistake-filled Dolphins 30-20
- WEATHER: Rain mixed with snow today, colder tomorrow
- Tesla Unveils World's Fastest Production Car In Surprise Announcement
- Comcast has approached 21st Century Fox about buying major assets, sources say