Slight rain chances arrive after dinner Saturday evening with the best rain chances after 7 or 8 p.m in the New River Valley, and even later than that east of the Blue Ridge in Southside and Central Virginia.
The morning fog risk will be present Friday and Saturday morning. Winds could gust up to 35-45 miles per hour throughout the day Sunday. The chance for precipitation with this front is not zero but will be mostly confined to far northeastern Oklahoma-southwestern Missouri and northwestern Arkansas in the form a few showers. While it doesn't look like a big hit of snow, there will be localized accumulation from the lake effect, especially Sunday night into Monday morning.
A decent looking Friday with highs in the lower 50s and mostly cloudy skies. Strong north winds around 25 miles per hour are expected.
Wind, rain and snow are moving into the area Friday afternoon, sticking around until after the Wisconsin-Michigan football game on Saturday, as well as affecting the high school football championships on Friday, both at Camp Randall Stadium.
FIRST TO ALERT: Rain moves in for the weekend. Latest timing here
We stay dry for Thanksgiving! Monday morning will also bring widespread frost potential with many near freezing. It is possible to see a coating to one inch of snow by the afternoon.
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 48. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. He anticipated only dry weather by Wednesday, which the weather service expects to be mostly sunny but with temperatures getting no warmer than 69 degrees. It's a large area of high pressure to our south that controls our weather to start the week, with the brief warming trend a result of that high sliding off the coast later Tuesday.
WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny and cooler.
Tuesday Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- China to Send Special Envoy to North Korea
- UM QB Brandon Peters Carted Off Field, Evaluated For Head Injury
- David Goffin stuns Roger Federer for career-best result — ATP Finals
- Best Black Friday wearable tech deals on Amazon UK
- Incredibles 2 Trailer Released by Disney-Pixar: Oh, Baby!
- Tesla Unveils World's Fastest Production Car In Surprise Announcement
- Comcast has approached 21st Century Fox about buying major assets, sources say
- Dozens of local families get bigger during National Adoption Day
- Megyn Kelly: Donald Trump Is 'Tone Deaf' for Criticizing Al Franken
- Justice League's Rotten Tomatoes Score Officially Revealed