The device is expected to cost about $450, much cheaper than the $999 iPhone X. The low price will cater to those who can't afford the iPhone 8 and iPhone X. The iPhone SE was meant to be an affordable handset, primarily targeting India.
This is a substantial hike from Apple's older models, its iPhone 8 and 8Plus were priced at $699 and $799, respectively. The iPhone SE was assembled in India, allowing the company to broaden its manufacturing wings and enter a new country. The news outlet's report says that Wistron, the Indian company responsible for building the current iPhone SE is looking for new land to expand its factory and supply chain to make building an iPhone SE 2 a reality.
Not much is expected to change as far as hardware is concerned, but Apple will most likely replace the A9 chip that powers the current iPhone SE with the A10 chip that is found in the iPhone 7. So, it won't be surprising if the new iPhone SE 2 does well. For imaging, the device might come with a 12MP primary camera and a 5MP selfie camera at the front. Will it still retain a similar design as the iPhone SE, which looks like an iPhone 5s?
Earlier this month, a note from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo suggested Apple's 2018 plans included a high-end device with a 6.5-inch OLED display, as well as a 5.8-inch device (also with OLED) and a 6.1-inch device with LCD.
- Selena Gomez Debuts Blonde Hair at AMAs 2017 & We are SHOOK
- Uber Orders 24000 Volvos For Self-Driving Fleet
- NASA Astronomers Detect Asteroid From Another System
- OnePlus 5T: Highlights from Carl Pei AMA
- Broncos reportedly plan to start Paxton Lynch in Week 12
- Samsung Galaxy S9 to have an enhanced Face recognition and Iris scanner
- NFL should suspend Lynch for sitting during national anthem
- Nebraska approves plan for Keystone pipeline expansion
- Hundreds served at Salvation Army Thanksgiving Meal
- Gujarat polls 2017: Congress agrees demands of Patidar community, says Hardik Patel