"We wanted something more for the people, we wanted more of a family event, more of a community event", he said.
A sign that the smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
The Salvation Army hopes each person they serve feels welcome and loved.
The Salvation Army invites anyone to participate. "We always have a lot of volunteers that want to be here", Frost says.
The Salvation Army is serving Thanksgiving meals Thursday. She's already getting a good response; the agency is farther along for volunteer bell ringing signups than this time past year.
In fact, this is the 30th year the company has teamed up with Salvation Army to provide a meal for the less fortunate. This is all possible due in part to the funds generated from its annual red kettle campaign. "Our goal previous year was $25,000 and we made $32,000", she said.
Source KCBD Video Source KCBD Video Source KCBD Video
"I like seeing the smile on everybody you know young people old people whatever just as long as they smile when I say merry Christmas happy new year", said Jones. "Some people can't get to them", Miller said.
"I'm doing a good deed for the Salvation Army". Morrow said distribution was a little different this year than last year, when people picked up food baskets that were already made up.
Lanier helps organize the volunteers, whether they be from church groups, civic clubs, businesses or something else entirely. "The money went towards Christmas hampers to ensure everyone who needed a hamper was able to get one".
"We've had some restaurants volunteer and cook our turkeys for us and carve them", said Major Walter Strong, Core Officer of the Montgomery Salvation Army.
He said moving the office to a more community focused environment would help any families in need.
- Google found to be collecting location data from Android users without permission
- NASA Astronomers Detect Asteroid From Another System
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Samsung Galaxy S9 to have an enhanced Face recognition and Iris scanner
- The 'F**k Trump' Car Has a New Decal for Sheriff Troy Nehls
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Nebraska approves plan for Keystone pipeline expansion
- Apple confirms that illegal labour was involved in iPhone X production plant