"Remove those distractions and take your time", said Halford.
"As we reflect on gratitude during this season of Thanksgiving, we asked fellow Kentuckians to share why they are thankful for their seat belt", said Hunter.
Distracted driving also increases the risk of a crash.
Troopers will kick off the enforcement period Wednesday and will stay out until midnight on Sunday.
That's 43 percent more than the five-day holiday in 2015, when 14 people died in crashes. North Carolina had zero fatalities on I-40 during the two-day campaign. Keep in mind to buckle up - seat belts can save lives.
VDOT's Thanksgiving traffic trends map shows that Tuesday evening and midday Wednesday are among the busiest times on Virginia highways for heading out of the D.C. area. There is never a reason to speed, drive aggressively or drive impaired. (Crash Awareness and Reduction Efforts) traffic safety initiative November 22-26, 2017.
There will be troopers stationed every 20 miles along the 424-mile length of I-40 in the state from 11 a.m.to 11 p.m. Wednesday and from 9 a.m.to 9 p.m. Sunday.
Enforcement efforts on secondary roads within Troop D will be conducted during the same timeframe. For example, a customer can renew his vehicle registration online over the holiday weekend and avoid a last-minute trip to DMV on Monday and a $5 in person fee. That is the day many people will be returning home. "Our goal is very simple: We want everyone to arrive at their destination safely". "We are pleased to be taking part in this important challenge".
Georgia highway safety leaders parked Deputy Lamar Bowen's patrol vehicle near Signature Flight Support on Tuesday for a visual demonstration of a rollover crash.
California Highway Patrol officials also warned about the dangers of not wearing a seatbelt during one of the biggest travel weekends of the year. Anyone who needs assistance can call *55 on a cellphone and it will ring in to the closest patrol headquarters.
- Google found to be collecting location data from Android users without permission
- Apple reportedly planning an iPhone SE 2 for Q1 2018
- China's Tencent Surpasses Facebook To Become World's Fifth Largest Company
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- President Trump discounts accusations against Roy Moore
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- OnePlus 5T: Highlights from Carl Pei AMA
- Hundreds served at Salvation Army Thanksgiving Meal
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester