Logan Mott, 15, was detained by U.S. Customs and Border Protection when he tried to enter Canada from Buffalo, N.Y., the sheriff's office announced late Friday. He and his grandmother, 53-year-old Kristina French, have been missing for several days.
Neptune Beach Police alongside the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office confirmed Friday that remains were found buried on the Seagate Avenue property and believed to be Kristina French.
Mott's mother, Carrie Campbell-Mott, said the boy's father, Eric Mott, was on vacation with his girlfriend. A 2015 Dodge Dart was also missing from his mother's home.
"Regardless, Logan is our tyke and we cherish him..."
Campbell-Mott, who lives in Missouri, told WJAX that Logan's father, who is her ex-husband and French's son, last heard from French via text on Tuesday when she confirmed she would pick him up at the airport the following day.
Kristina French, 53, was reported missing this week along with her 15-year-old grandson, Logan Mott.
Police who later investigated the scene said they found evidence pointed to "possible criminal violence" in the home.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement has cancelled the Missing Child Alert for Logan Mott.
He was reportedly spotted in central Pennsylvania on Thursday.
Just as Campbell-Mott could not have imagined French hurting her son, she also could not believe that Logan would harm or intentionally kill his grandmother.
Lendvay said a warrant was issued for the teen's arrest on an auto theft charge.
"My girls go to school right here at the high school and they're always in the neighborhood walking around so it was sort of chilling", neighbor Laura Taylor-McGhee still trying to understand what happened.
"Logan Mott if you are reading this I love you", she wrote.
Told the mother, 'There just wasn't any indication that there was anything wrong, nothing.
More from mom of #LoganMott, teen detained near New York- Canada border.
- Derrick Rose evaluating National Basketball Association career, exhausted of being hurt
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Emmet County Church Holds Free Thanksgiving Meal
- Pak justifies Saeed's release, says committed to United Nations sanctions on terrorists
- Ohio State QB JT Barrett leaves MI game with leg injury
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Fallen Kingdom Teaser Is
- Saudi Crown Prince Condemns Egyptian North Sinai Mosque Attack as 'Cowardly'
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester