Barrett left in the third quarter following a running play as Ohio State trailed 20-14 in The Big Game.
MI started quarterback John O'Korn against No. 8 Ohio State, with Brandon Peters sidelined by a concussion.
Saturday's loss was the Wolverines' sixth straight to the Buckeyes and 13 in the past 14 meetings. The extra point gave the Buckeyes a 21-20 lead.
Down to its third-string quarterback, John O'Korn, Michigan came out hot in the first quarter, jumping out to a 14-0 lead with creative early play-calling and a smothering defense.
Barrett said he did not think the collision was intentional but that MI did have a lot of people on the Buckeyes' side of the field. With blockers clearing the initial path, Barrett hustled down the Ohio State sideline for the touchdown.
Barrett stood up near a podium in the post-game press conference to explain the incident.
The Buckeyes, who were held to minus 6 yards in the first quarter, answered with a 75-yard scoring drive.
And just like that, "The Game" was tied at 14 all. Barrett's status moving forward will be something to watch as Ohio State gets ready for next week's game.
If that is the injury, it would be hard for Barrett to try to play while putting off surgery until after the season.
Initially, Ohio State took possession of the ball on a punt with a modest return.
Karan Higdon's 2-yard run gave MI (8-4, 5-4) a 20-14 lead midway through the third quarter. He finished 3-for-8 passing for 30 yards and a touchdown, with 15 carries for 67 yards and a TD in the 31-20 Ohio State win.
Dwayne Haskins replaced Barrett in the game, and later led a touchdown drive.
The ensuing extra point game the Buckeyes a 21-20 advantage over MI. Barrett - "one of the toughest guys" Meyer has ever been around - was worked on and "they got it to unlock" before it "locked up again" toward the end of a third-quarter scramble.
- Gujarat polls 2017: Congress agrees demands of Patidar community, says Hardik Patel
- China's Tencent Surpasses Facebook To Become World's Fifth Largest Company
- Local tree farms harvesting for Christmas
- Donald Trump Breaks Silence On Roy Moore Allegations
- Google found to be collecting location data from Android users without permission
- Cyber Monday expected to be largest shopping day in United States history
- Basel v Manchester United
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed released from house arrest
- Saudi Crown Prince Condemns Egyptian North Sinai Mosque Attack as 'Cowardly'
- Derrick Rose evaluating National Basketball Association career, exhausted of being hurt