Barrett left in the third quarter following a running play as Ohio State trailed 20-14 in The Big Game.
MI started quarterback John O'Korn against No. 8 Ohio State, with Brandon Peters sidelined by a concussion.
Saturday's loss was the Wolverines' sixth straight to the Buckeyes and 13 in the past 14 meetings. The extra point gave the Buckeyes a 21-20 lead.
Down to its third-string quarterback, John O'Korn, Michigan came out hot in the first quarter, jumping out to a 14-0 lead with creative early play-calling and a smothering defense.
Barrett said he did not think the collision was intentional but that MI did have a lot of people on the Buckeyes' side of the field. With blockers clearing the initial path, Barrett hustled down the Ohio State sideline for the touchdown.
Barrett stood up near a podium in the post-game press conference to explain the incident.
The Buckeyes, who were held to minus 6 yards in the first quarter, answered with a 75-yard scoring drive.
And just like that, "The Game" was tied at 14 all. Barrett's status moving forward will be something to watch as Ohio State gets ready for next week's game.
If that is the injury, it would be hard for Barrett to try to play while putting off surgery until after the season.
Initially, Ohio State took possession of the ball on a punt with a modest return.
Karan Higdon's 2-yard run gave MI (8-4, 5-4) a 20-14 lead midway through the third quarter. He finished 3-for-8 passing for 30 yards and a touchdown, with 15 carries for 67 yards and a TD in the 31-20 Ohio State win.
Dwayne Haskins replaced Barrett in the game, and later led a touchdown drive.
The ensuing extra point game the Buckeyes a 21-20 advantage over MI. Barrett - "one of the toughest guys" Meyer has ever been around - was worked on and "they got it to unlock" before it "locked up again" toward the end of a third-quarter scramble.
- Kylie Jenner is thankful for her 'babies' this Thanksgiving
- Donald Trump Breaks Silence On Roy Moore Allegations
- Mostly sunny and chilly for Thanksgiving Day
- Emmet County Church Holds Free Thanksgiving Meal
- Apple confirms that illegal labour was involved in iPhone X production plant
- Coffee consumption emerges as beneficial for public health
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed released from house arrest
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2018 Revealed With Infinity Display In Leaked Case Renders
- Google found to be collecting location data from Android users without permission
- Apple reportedly planning an iPhone SE 2 for Q1 2018