On Tuesday, the president indicated that he did not accept the accusations against Moore.
To McConnell, only the president could extinguish a fire that he sees as endangering Republicans' Senate majority. "He says it didn't happen", Trump told reporters at the White House before heading to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida for Thanksgiving, Dallas News reported.
A retired Gasdsen, Ala. law enforcement officer says she and her fellow officers were told to keep Republican Senate Candidate Roy Moore away from the high school cheerleading team because it was known that Moore preferred young girls. "You have to listen to him, also". A lot of them are Trump voters. The comments were later included in an ad by Moore's Democratic opponent, Doug Jones. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., who has established a rapport with Trump.
So, is it simpler to believe that Moore's accusers are paid political puppets, mere pawns in a complex political conspiracy, or that, as a grown man, Roy Moore once molested a child and often preyed on teenage girls?
The Times cites three staff members confirmed hearing the comments, with Trump asking "Do you believe this?" to several aides in the Oval Office. "It has nothing to do with reality, it is all about politics", Moore said last week. In his first extensive remarks on the matter this week, Trump emphasized that the Alabama Republican had denied the women's claims and asserted that he did not want a Democrat to win the Senate race.
But something deeper has been consuming Trump. Moore has denied all allegations and said he will stay in the race. He suggested to a senator this year that the tape was not authentic and repeated that claim to an adviser more recently.
The White House's message on the race has changed day-to-day. He's also denied the allegation of sexual assault. The US leader left open the chances that he would campaign for Moore ahead of a special election on December 12.
Moore has been accused of sexual contact by multiple women, including Leigh Corfman, who alleges that Moore tried to initiate a sexual encounter with her when she was 14.
- Derrick Rose evaluating National Basketball Association career, exhausted of being hurt
- Dead, 150 Injured After Violent Clashes Between Forces And Islamist Protesters
- Fallen Kingdom Teaser Is
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2018 Revealed With Infinity Display In Leaked Case Renders
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed released from house arrest
- Saudi Crown Prince Condemns Egyptian North Sinai Mosque Attack as 'Cowardly'
- Uber paid off hackers in attempt to hide theft
- Shoppers out in force for Black Friday
- Emmet County Church Holds Free Thanksgiving Meal
- Cesc Fabregas joins elite group with historic goal for Chelsea against Qarabag