Have you read Trendiee Today?
It was a repeat of last season's meeting between the sides at the Emirates Stadium, when Chilean Sanchez slotted in a 98th-minute spot-kick to win the game.
Arsenal clearly missed the Germany global as they battled to break down Sean Dyche's side until a stoppage time penalty from Alexis Sanchez settled the contest. A stoppage-time penalty was coolly dispatched by Alexis Sánchez and proved enough to send the visitors back to north London with all three points.
The Gunners won both matches last season by virtue of last-gasp goals - a Sanchez spot-kick also proving decisive at Emirates Stadium in January - and the Chile worldwide repeated the feat after James Tarkowski was adjudged to have pushed Aaron Ramsey.
And the Icelandic winger forced Petr Cech into a save off the goal post (which went unrecognized and led to an Arsenal throw-in).
Seven minutes before the break Cech tipped away a Robbie Brady free-kick from 25 yards out, as the first half ended goalless.
On the incident in Arsenal's 1-0 win, Wenger said: "From outside it looked 100%".
Do you ever have any question about anything you wish to ask and get answer?
- Tillerson Finally Brands Myanmar Crisis 'Ethnic Cleansing'
- State Patrol Warns Holiday Travelers To Observe Traffic Laws
- Mourinho Worried About Losing Man Utd Star
- Dead, 150 Injured After Violent Clashes Between Forces And Islamist Protesters
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2018 Revealed With Infinity Display In Leaked Case Renders
- Cesc Fabregas joins elite group with historic goal for Chelsea against Qarabag
- Coffee consumption emerges as beneficial for public health
- Missing child alert issued for Neptune Beach teen
- Sunny & Mild Start to Work Week
- Local stores in Nederland ready for 'Small Business Saturday'