On the first snap of the game, soggy conditions forced an uncharacteristic error from Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, who threw a ball directly to the chest of 49ers safety Eric Reid.
Garoppolo's four-year rookie contract expires after this season, leading to speculation about whether he'll strike a long-term deal with San Francisco this coming offseason or play under the franchise tag in 2018. That is, it's hard to see any quarterback - whether it's C.J. Beathard, Jimmy Garoppolo or Joe Montana - excelling with this group, which lost 24-13 Sunday. They've shown little indication they were ready to throw him out there, and he threw a touchdown on the final play of the game which will give everyone something to talk about.
The San Francisco 49ers activated DL Tank Carradine from the injured reserve list ahead of Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks. He finished with 201 passing yards and one interception. Niners coach Kyle Shanahan addressed that speculation head-on Saturday, though, hinting very strongly that his team plans to franchise the 26-year-old QB. Those seven receptions went for just 21 yards.
The problem for the 49ers was that their offense was largely unable to take advantage.
Seattle was 2 of 8 on third-down chances before Wilson found Doug Baldwin for a 23-yard gain midway through the third period.
Giving his best impersonation of a wet bar of soap, Wilson turned into the most elusive human being on the planet as he evaded almost every would-be tackler dressed in red and gold. In those games Garoppolo completed 68.3 percent of his passes, throwing for 502 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions. There were several occasions where the 49ers had Wilson dead to rights, and the quarterback escaped each time. Ahkello Witherspoon broke up a pass intended for Tyler Lockett in the end zone late as Seattle failed to score in the opening quarter, yet San Francisco (1-10) couldn't capitalize until getting on the board with Robbie Gould's 38-yard field goal moments before halftime.
- India 312-2 at close, lead Sri Lanka by 107 runs
- Local tree farms harvesting for Christmas
- Donald Trump Breaks Silence On Roy Moore Allegations
- Green Bay Packers: Three Key Matchups and Prediction vs. Pittsburgh
- Kylie Jenner hosts Thanksgiving dinner for her family
- Local stores in Nederland ready for 'Small Business Saturday'
- Uber Paid Hackers To Keep Massive Breach Of Personal Data A Secret
- Missing child alert issued for Neptune Beach teen
- Democratic congressman John Conyers 'vehemently' denies sexual harassment
- Tillerson Finally Brands Myanmar Crisis 'Ethnic Cleansing'