But Trump's use of the slur during an event meant to honor Native Americans, in the Oval Office of the White House, was unprecedented.
Bottom line: Trump is a racist who makes causal racial slurs without a second thought, and he is surrounded by willing accomplices like Sanders who will defend without question the Racist in Chief.
The White House denied that Trump's remarks were a racial slur and claimed that what was "very offensive" was Warren "lying" about her ancestry. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., questioning her claim that she's part Native American and calling her "Pocahontas".
President Trump on Monday revived his favorite nickname for Sen.
During the war, the code-talkers radioed messages using a code derived from their native language.
"I just want to thank you because you are very, very special people".
Trump has repeatedly referred to Warren as "Pocahontas".
"What most people find offensive is Sen. Warren lied about her heritage to advance her career", Sanders said. It wasn't open-mic night at a right-wing gathering, so there was no need for Trump to use this as an opportunity to attack a political opponent.
Mr Brown pressed Ms Warren to release more information about how she described her heritage to potential employers.
'What @RealDonaldTrump said about my partner @SenWarren is a slur.
And third, I realize that the president has a creepy preoccupation with Elizabeth Warren, but his near-constant references "Pocahontas" is plainly insulting.
Warren quickly denounced Trump's comments.
Critics seized on the listing, saying that she received preferential treatment for questionable Native American heritage. She was ultimately unable to prove she was Native American.
- Crabtree-Talib first-quarter squabble results in three ejections
- Rush is on for Christmas tree growers
- The switch to outdoor LEDs has resulted in even more light pollution
- Julio Jones stuns as Falcons win over the Bucs
- Green Bay Packers: Three Key Matchups and Prediction vs. Pittsburgh
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Klopp bemoans lack of luck after Chelsea draw
- Coffee consumption emerges as beneficial for public health
- Cesc Fabregas joins elite group with historic goal for Chelsea against Qarabag
- Why 49ers Appear Intent To Give Jimmy Garoppolo Franchise Tag In 2018