BuzzFeed reported Sunday that more than 180 women have filed police reports, complaints to state boards and lawsuits in civil court over the years against Massage Envy, a franchise that claims almost 1,200 locations across 49 states, including locations in the Columbia Tech Center in Vancouver and Hazel Dell Towne Center, along with three locations in Portland.
Kendall said she was getting a couples massage by Marco Rigo, when he put his genitals into her open palm.
"I completely froze", she said.
Women have reported being groped and digitally penetrated.
Danielle Dick reported a massage envy employee touched her two years ago in Richmond, Virginia.
Sadly, many other claims surface in Buzzfeed's report, which also touches upon Massage Envy's inability to provide much comment on the allegations for legal reasons.
The company said in a statement released Sunday that every incident was "heartbreaking for us and for the franchisees that operate Massage Envy locations".
Attorney Adam Horowitz, who has represented several accusers against Massage Envy, says it's a company-wide problem.
Court documents confirm the case was dismissed in December 2012, and the woman's lawyer, Stephen Morris, said the legal action was settled by a "substantial" payment from one or more of the defendants. She urges any victims of assault to report the crime, and not only to the company.
We're in the midst of a much-needed sea change around sexual assault. One woman reported that her therapist inserted his entire fist into her vagina before ejaculating on to her face.
An Upstate man is among a group of employees of Massage Envy who are accused of sexual misconduct. "I said, 'That's the guy right there, ' and they arrested him".
Ingram told CBS News that she felt the response sounded nearly "scripted" in its impersonal nature.
The company said the incidents "occurred over a span of 15 plus years and 125 million massages. Call the police. I didn't do that, and that is probably the only regret I'll have in life".
"It's sad that there are so many people that go into the business of massage and chose to violate customers the way they do".
The number and severity of the allegations came to light in an investigation by Buzzfeed. She reported the incident to local police.
"We are constantly listening, learning and looking at how we can do more, including how we support franchised locations with best practices in handling these incidents and supporting their clients".
- The switch to outdoor LEDs has resulted in even more light pollution
- Why 49ers Appear Intent To Give Jimmy Garoppolo Franchise Tag In 2018
- Missing child alert issued for Neptune Beach teen
- Search underway for missing North Carolina child
- Local stores in Nederland ready for 'Small Business Saturday'
- Crabtree-Talib first-quarter squabble results in three ejections
- Argentinian Erik Lamela set to return for Spurs trip to Leicester
- President Trump hits Warren with 'Pocahontas' jab at event for Navajos
- Klopp bemoans lack of luck after Chelsea draw
- Former 'Glee' actress Naya Rivera arrested for domestic battery