Xiaomi is considering to target those users who are looking to switch from feature phone to a smartphone without spending a huge buck on good handsets. It's an affordable package that offers decent smartphone experience without too many compromises. The base model with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB storage is priced at Rs 4,999. It is powered by 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU.
The Redmi 5A will sport a 13 megapixel primary camera, with an f/2.2 aperture. It is backed by a 13MP rear camera and 5MP front camera for selfies and 3,000 mAh battery. The device will probably pack in 3GB of RAM and 16GB / 32GB of native storage. The power and volume buttons are on the right, a dedicated microSD card slot on the left, microUSB port at the bottom 3.5mm jack and IR blaster at the top. The MIUI 9 is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system. Its predecessor had Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
Though it's not much different from the company's past phones in the budget segment (remember the Redmi 4A?), this time the price makes a big difference. Redmi 5A has 3000mAh of battery whereas Redmi 4A had 3120 mAh of battery.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 has been spotted on the TENAA listings. The Chinese firm also said that the Redmi 5A is the successor to Redmi 4A. The Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus is expected to be launched on 7 December in China. Xiaomi will also launch these smartphones in Pakistan and other Asian countires very soon. It will be also available from Mi.com and Mi Home stores. Xiaomi Redmi 5A has a metallic matte finish, and will be available in three colours: Dark grey, Gold and Rose gold. The media invite sent out by the company features a flash icon in the middle, which hints at the possibility of fast charging support being included as well.
- Massage Envy Faces Claims of Sexual Misconduct in Massage Sessions
- Athos Capital Ltd Acquires New Holdings in Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM)
- Google's Datally app will now help users save mobile data
- McGregor might never fight again, says UFC president
- 2017 Atlantic hurricane season in review — History Made
- Pakistan Army called in to take control of Islamabad as protests escalate
- Google being sued for 'planting secret cookies on 5.4 million iPhone users'
- User Tweets significant security issue with macOS High Sierra to Apple Support
- Live Action Chinese Tale Mulan Will Indeed Star a Chinese Actress
- Invite Your Destiny 2 Ghost to Your Amazon Alexa-Enabled Device