Many analysts are providing their Estimated Earnings analysis for Barnes & Noble, Inc. and for the current quarter 3 analysts have projected that the stock could give an Average Earnings estimate of $1.05/share. Its up 0.43, from 1.05 in 2017Q1.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. has a consensus hold rating from 3 Wall Street analysts, and the number of shares now sold short amount to at least 10.33% of shares outstanding. The active investment managers in our partner's database now own: 51.43 million shares, down from 54.04 million shares in 2017Q1. The company rocked its 52-Week High of $13.2 and touched its 52-Week Low of $6.25.
Sidoti & Co. "Initiates Coverage on" Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) in a research note issued to investors on 8/18/16 to Neutral. The company has market cap of $497.89 million.
Two weeks ago, Barnes & Noble's shares surged after activist investor Sandell Asset Management proposed buying the bookseller and taking it private. It has a 19.55 P/E ratio. It opened the session with a $7 price tag, later ranging from $6.75 to $7.25, the range at which the stock has traded at throughout the day. It has underperformed by 55.20% the S&P500. Vanguard Group Inc. now owns 6,348,364 shares of the specialty retailer's stock valued at $58,723,000 after acquiring an additional 407,488 shares during the last quarter. Los Angeles Capital Management & Equity Research Inc. now owns 37,887 shares of the specialty retailer's stock valued at $288,000 after buying an additional 190 shares during the last quarter. The biggest holder now is Mr. Leonard Riggio who owns 7,594,591 shares (10.46% of those outstanding), whilst Mr. William J. Lynch, Jr holds 846,811 (1.17% of shares outstanding) and Ronald D. Boire holds 511,638 (0.70% of shares outstanding). Principal Gru, a Iowa-based fund reported 420,150 shares.
Shares of Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Net loss reported by Barnes & Noble, Inc. for its fiscal second quarter of 2018 was $30.09 million. The stock hit its 52-week high on 12/09/16, and 52-week low on 06/21/17.
The current price is staying below the SMA lines which signify weakens and is generally unhealthy/negative and may provide the momentum for driving the share price lower. Barnes & Noble Inc. had 8 analyst reports since July 27, 2015 according to SRatingsIntel. The stock has "Buy" rating by Cantor Fitzgerald on Wednesday, October 7. Also, the Hold rating count is 0 as of 11/30/2017.
The chart of Barnes & Noble, Inc. The rating was maintained by Stifel Nicolaus with "Hold" on Friday, September 4. The stock of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (BKS) has made its way to a 12-month decline of -40.32%.
- McGregor might never fight again, says UFC president
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals She's Rude to Fans to Protect Herself from Fame
- Massage Envy Faces Claims of Sexual Misconduct in Massage Sessions
- Odds & Ends: Mindhunter, Starring Jonathan Groff, Renewed for Second Season & More
- Samantha Bee Expertly Trolls That Failed Sting On The Washington Post
- Epic Sues Minor for Cheating in Fortnite, Mother Responds
- Avengers: Infinity War trailer officially releases; Check it out
- Clemson leads college playoff pack, but Alabama is lurking
- Athos Capital Ltd Acquires New Holdings in Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM)
- Medical experts: Flu season may be a bad one