The show's first two seasons both netter 94 percent fresh ratings from Rotten Tomatoes.
The news was not a shock to most as "Stranger Things" has become a cult hit, according to The Wrap.
"Stranger Things" tells the story of a group of young friends living in a small town in IN in the 1980s - and the odd happenings that threaten them all. "So hold tight baby darts - season 3 is officially happening", Netflix tweeted.
"Stranger Things" Season 2 nine-episodes came out just a few days before Halloween and one of the earliest episodes centered around the kids dressed up as Ghostbusters at school.
Created by the Duffer Brothers, the 1980s nostalgia-filled horror series was an instant breakout when it debuted a year ago, quickly becoming a pop culture phenomenon and overnight turning Millie Bobby Brown into a star.
Are you looking forward to Stranger Things Season 3? They also revealed that there will likely be a fourth season that will probably be the show's last. We didn't want to box ourselves in for season three. Once we had the Snow Ball, we didn't know [if we wanted to do] anything else as an ending.
Get ready to go back to Hawkins! Gaten Matarazxzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Natalia Dyer and Charlie Heaton have also starred in the Netflix original series since season one. "I think we've clearly implied there are other numbers, and I can't imagine that the world will only ever know Eleven and Eight", Matt Duffer said.
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals She's Rude to Fans to Protect Herself from Fame
- Live Action Chinese Tale Mulan Will Indeed Star a Chinese Actress
- Black Friday Is Mutating
- Google's Datally app will now help users save mobile data
- Medical experts: Flu season may be a bad one
- I may have to drop out: Graduate students take on tax bill
- Jimbo Fisher Joins Texas A&M On Record-Breaking $75M Contract
- Google being sued for 'planting secret cookies on 5.4 million iPhone users'
- 2017 Atlantic hurricane season in review — History Made
- Senate Budget Committee Approves GOP Tax Bill