The show's first two seasons both netter 94 percent fresh ratings from Rotten Tomatoes.
The news was not a shock to most as "Stranger Things" has become a cult hit, according to The Wrap.
"Stranger Things" tells the story of a group of young friends living in a small town in IN in the 1980s - and the odd happenings that threaten them all. "So hold tight baby darts - season 3 is officially happening", Netflix tweeted.
"Stranger Things" Season 2 nine-episodes came out just a few days before Halloween and one of the earliest episodes centered around the kids dressed up as Ghostbusters at school.
Created by the Duffer Brothers, the 1980s nostalgia-filled horror series was an instant breakout when it debuted a year ago, quickly becoming a pop culture phenomenon and overnight turning Millie Bobby Brown into a star.
Are you looking forward to Stranger Things Season 3? They also revealed that there will likely be a fourth season that will probably be the show's last. We didn't want to box ourselves in for season three. Once we had the Snow Ball, we didn't know [if we wanted to do] anything else as an ending.
Get ready to go back to Hawkins! Gaten Matarazxzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Natalia Dyer and Charlie Heaton have also starred in the Netflix original series since season one. "I think we've clearly implied there are other numbers, and I can't imagine that the world will only ever know Eleven and Eight", Matt Duffer said.
- Epic Sues Minor for Cheating in Fortnite, Mother Responds
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals She's Rude to Fans to Protect Herself from Fame
- Massage Envy Faces Claims of Sexual Misconduct in Massage Sessions
- Senate Budget Committee Approves GOP Tax Bill
- BMW i8 Roadster revealed as its most gorgeous hybrid yet
- Live Action Chinese Tale Mulan Will Indeed Star a Chinese Actress
- Odds & Ends: Mindhunter, Starring Jonathan Groff, Renewed for Second Season & More
- Invite Your Destiny 2 Ghost to Your Amazon Alexa-Enabled Device
- Destiny 2 free trial goes live on November 28th
- Jimbo Fisher Joins Texas A&M On Record-Breaking $75M Contract