Let's hope there's a clear enough window before the rain so we can see the Supermoon.
Supermoons can appear to be up to 14% times larger and 30% brighter than your average moon. That is because of the optical illusion called Moon illusion which causes the Earth's only natural satellite to appear bigger when closest to the horizon than when it is high up in the sky.
The moon will rise on Sunday 3 December and becomes totally full at 15.47 GMT, though of course it will be big and full all night.
The sky will be illuminated with a brighter than usual glow from the moon Sunday as Earth welcomes its first - and last -supermoon of 2017. According to University of Arizona professor Gurtina Besla, there's also a peak viewing time at 3:45 a.m. ET on Monday, Dec. 4. The moon will set at 6:10 am, half an hour after sunrise takes place at 5:41 am.
Get your eyes to the sky, America, because the supermoon is coming.
A Supermoon sets over the front range of the Rocky Mountains Colo. Nov. 15 2016. US Air Force Dennis Hoffman Public Domain
It's the only supermoon visible from the Northern Hemisphere in 2017, but the first two full moons in 2018 will also be supermoons. At that point, the moon will be just 222,135 miles from Earth, almost 16,000 miles closer than it normally is throughout the year. The moon will definitely look brighter and larger, but unfortunately, it's not going to be as large as the November 2016 supermoon was.
The supermoon will rise to begin the month of December.
If you miss the moon the day of, you can continue to enjoy a larger-than-average moon for the following few days. You'll want to soak in as much of the supermoon as possible, and you'll do yourself a favor by using this opportunity to gaze at incredibly fine details on the lunar surface.
Bill Ingalls, NASA's senior photographer, sharing the tips to capture the moon, said, "Don't make the mistake of photographing the moon by itself with no reference to anything".
"Tap the screen and hold your finger on the object (in this case, the moon) to lock the focus".
- McGregor might never fight again, says UFC president
- Live Action Chinese Tale Mulan Will Indeed Star a Chinese Actress
- Google's Datally app will now help users save mobile data
- I may have to drop out: Graduate students take on tax bill
- Epic Sues Minor for Cheating in Fortnite, Mother Responds
- More Filtered Sunshine This Weekend
- PUBG mobile's trailer makes the game look like a Michael Bay movie
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals She's Rude to Fans to Protect Herself from Fame
- Google's Datally app helps keep your data use under control
- Jimbo Fisher Joins Texas A&M On Record-Breaking $75M Contract