The camera then switches to the TV, and captures the moment the Three Lions are drawn in Group G - alongside Belgium, Panama and Tunisia.
He added: "We are a group of players with an incredible responsibility, they are true ambassadors for Belgium football".
The third pot of seeds saw England drawn against Tunisia, who they will play in their opening game in Volgograd on June 18.
That will be followed by a meeting with Panama in Nizhni Novgorod, 400 kilometres east of Moscow, on June 24.
Belgium manager Roberto Martinez has revealed his family will be supporting the opposition when he sends his team out against England at this summer's World Cup.
"It is interesting to be starting slightly later, with what that means at the end of the season. That needs a bit of working out now".
And Southgate has warned that underestimating teams heading into the tournament would not be wise.
The match also puts Tottenham team mates Eric Dier and Jan Vertonghen against one another - which they marked with a Snapchat together captioned "Group Friends".
Poland, Senegal, Colombia and Japan make up Group H.
England will have no excuses should they fail to qualify from their group at next summer's World Cup after Friday's draw, former global Danny Murphy told The Debate.
"I go back to the last two tournaments". We know it's probably the best side Belgium has ever had, and we know the quality they have.
"We also have to be able to handle the expectation of being one of the favourites in the group".
"They are clearly favourites from what we have seen in recent years, with the coach they have, and then second place I honestly think will be between England and us".
"What's exciting for our team is, although we lack some big match experience and we don't have at the moment trophies and medals on the table for a lot of the lads, I think that's all ahead for them and what's possible is exciting".
- Qualcomm Is Suing Apple For The iPhone X
- Google's Datally app helps keep your data use under control
- Samantha Bee Expertly Trolls That Failed Sting On The Washington Post
- Super "Frost" moon this weekend
- I may have to drop out: Graduate students take on tax bill
- Jimbo Fisher Joins Texas A&M On Record-Breaking $75M Contract
- Houthi Leader Says Saleh Supporters' Behavior 'Unjustifiable', Urges Wisdom
- Dead, 80 Fishermen Missing As Cyclone Ockhi Nears Lakshadweep: 10 Facts
- 2017 Atlantic hurricane season in review — History Made
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 3