Reid confirmed an earlier ESPN report that he handed the offensive play-calling duties to coordinator Matt Nagy, and it appeared to work well early. Peters was called for Unsportsmanlike Conduct after taking the referee's red flag and throwing it into the stands. The two Jets wide receivers combined for 264 yards and 17 receptions of QB Josh McCown's 26 completions and 331 yards.
Sans socks and leg pads, Peters ultimately emerged from the locker room in time to watch Kansas City's comeback attempt fall short at the Jets' 19-yard line with 45 seconds remaining. It will be interesting to see if the Jets try to throw at him in the second half.
Kelce accounted for 54 of those yards on two catches, the latter coming in the form of a 22-yard scoring reception from Smith.
Smith is now five-of-five passing for 111 yards, with Kelce responsible for 90 yards on three catches.
The Jets were forced to kick a field goal from the 7-yard line after Bilal Powell was dropped short of the end zone. Kansas City is in a deep funk. Jets coach Todd Bowles is expected to address the situation after the game.
Rookie Elijah McGuire ran in the conversion to provide the final margin, and the Chiefs couldn't convert on fourth down in Jets territory on their last gasp attempt for a touchdown. It ended his franchise record of 23 straight field goals made.
Jets: at Denver next Sunday.
- Super "Frost" moon this weekend
- Josh McDaniels gets an earful from Tom Brady on sideline
- Jimbo Fisher Joins Texas A&M On Record-Breaking $75M Contract
- Samantha Bee Expertly Trolls That Failed Sting On The Washington Post
- Houthi Leader Says Saleh Supporters' Behavior 'Unjustifiable', Urges Wisdom
- Cheong Wa Dae: Debate on 'Red Line' against N. Korea Meaningless
- Huawei Nova 2s images and specs leaked; Packs some serious camera hardware
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 3
- Donald Trump Says He's Got 'Nothing to Hide' on Michael Flynn
- Kentucky Family Aids In Search For Missing North Carolina Toddler