It will also improve the wireless charging for new iPhones and add a payments feature to Siri and Messages, Apple promises. The latest update allows for 7.5W of energy transfer and ensures quicker charging times. This is a little bit faster than the standard 5w plug-in charger included in the box. Other notable iOS 11.2 features include improvements on video stabilization, new Live wallpapers for iPhone X, and faster wireless charging using third-party accessories for iPhone 8 models and iPhone X.
Apple has released iOS 11.2, pushing out the major iPhone and iPad update in what appears to be an early launch to address devices affected by the December 2 crash bug. However, due to a bug that was crashing devices. Apple usually releases iOS update on Tuesday but to solve this issue it has released iOS 11.2 on Saturday itself. It was only a few weeks ago that I was pulling Apple up for delaying the launch of the HomePod smart speaker, and suggesting that the iMac Pro might also end up being delayed.
Apple has however stated the update needs to be installed after disabling all notifications for the duration of the install process. Here are the full details of improvements and fixes in the new update.
Apple releases iOS 11.2 and, er, breaks Face ID on iPhone X handsets
The bug in the calculator app made the user wait for long animations to play out. Following the trend of digital transactions, Apple Pay Cash lets you transfer funds which can then be deposited into bank accounts, similarly to Venmo.
The iOS 11.2 update patches both security and stability bugs in the iPad/iPhone firmware.
Apple Pay Cash was officially announced at WWDC earlier this year. If you own one of the new iPhones, this will probably be a welcome feature for you if you have been contemplating getting one of the Qi-based compatible pads or own one already.
- Halftime observations from New Jersey: Jets 21, Chiefs 17
- Afghan soil used in Peshawar university attack
- 49ers beat Bears 15-14 with 5 field goals from Robbie Gould
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 3
- Favourable World Cup draws for Russian Federation and England
- Houthi Leader Says Saleh Supporters' Behavior 'Unjustifiable', Urges Wisdom
- Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA) Rating Reiterated by BMO Capital Markets
- Chelsea v Newcastle United
- Shohei Ohtani Informs Yankees That He Is Not Signing With Them
- Qualcomm Is Suing Apple For The iPhone X