At one point, the actor even reportedly complained to the studio about Singer. Tom Hollander, who plays Queen manager Jim Beach, also apparently quit the film because of Singer's behavior, Variety adds, but eventually ended up returning to work. The two had a heated argument which didn't get physical but resulted in Singer throwing something, although the report claims the pair settled their differences and were expected to continue working.
The studio announced on Friday that it had shut down production after Singer failed to return to London, where the movie is filming, after the Thanksgiving holiday. It's interesting that FOX elected to keep Singer on the film, considering other studios have simply terminated actors and producers for alleged misconduct. In some instances, the movie's cinematographer, Thomas Newton Sigel, had to take the directing reins in Singer's absence. Rami Malek of Mr. Robot fame was cast as Freddie Mercury in the film and from one production still certainly passes for a dead ringer of the singer. Rumors swirled this past weekend that the film will likely stay on hiatus until the new year, though Fox insiders said the hope is to resume before then. A new director will be named within the next few days, according to THR. Representatives for Singer and representatives for Malek have not yet responded to Vanity Fair's request for comment about the reported firing.
Much like Solo - which was nearing the end of its shoot when Lord & Miller parted ways with Disney - Bohemian Rhapsody only had roughly two weeks before wrapping principal photography.
It's said that Singer was suffering from post-traumatic stress due to the incidents that happened on the set of the film.
Bohemian Rhapsody is scheduled to hit theaters on December 25, 2018.
- Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA) Rating Reiterated by BMO Capital Markets
- Halftime observations from New Jersey: Jets 21, Chiefs 17
- Top coaches cautious after 2018 FIFA World Cup draw
- Georgia Leads Auburn by 3: SEC Championship First Half Analysis
- 49ers beat Bears 15-14 with 5 field goals from Robbie Gould
- Apple Pay Cash Is Not Working for Many iOS 11.2 Users
- Huawei Nova 2s images and specs leaked; Packs some serious camera hardware
- Facebook launches new kids app
- Netflix Confirms House of Cards Final Season Will Not Include Kevin Spacey
- Houthi Leader Says Saleh Supporters' Behavior 'Unjustifiable', Urges Wisdom