Once the cold settles in, highs will be 20-30 degrees Fahrenheit lower when compared to Monday and Tuesday.
A few spotty showers will be possible by late afternoon ahead of the approaching cold front.
The strong cold front crosses southeast MI between 5:00 and 8:00 a.m. Tuesday morning, and two things will happen immediately: the rain showers end, and temperatures crash. With cold air in place, moisture lifts up over that cold airmass and allows showers to overspread the area (something that could be an off/on thing Wednesday into early Friday).
He said Sunday was looking to be even colder, with temperatures in the morning as low as -3C (27F).
"We're expecting a prolonged period of colder temperatures beginning Tuesday that could continue well into next weekend and the week after that, " says Jonathan Welsh, a meteorologist at the Pleasant Hill station.
"By Friday the United Kingdom will be in an Arctic Maritime air mass with temperatures across the country staying in low single figures by day and below freezing by night". It will be much warmer when you leave for work and the kids leave for school in the morning, and much colder when you and they come home later.
However, the winds will switch round from the south-west to north-west dropping the temperature down to a chilly 4degC and a wind chill as low as minus 4degC. A small chance of showers is possible Tuesday, mainly along the beaches. Sunday will be mostly sunny with a high between 45 and 49 degrees.
Friday will continue with very cold temperatures.
If you want more information about how cold weather can affect your health please visit the NHS website here.
Meanwhile, Britain is braced for its coldest December in seven years, with freezing conditions set to bring snow and winds gusting up to almost 100kph to certain parts this week.
- The Right Place for Drug Rehab
- Wisconsin finishes sixth in final College Football Playoff rankings
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Josh McDaniels gets an earful from Tom Brady on sideline
- Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA) Rating Reiterated by BMO Capital Markets
- Super "Frost" moon this weekend
- IOS 11.2 brings three new Live Wallpapers to iPhone X users
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Christmas tree lots say supply is fine after scramble over shortages
- Donald Trump Says He's Got 'Nothing to Hide' on Michael Flynn