Netflix Confirms House of Cards Final Season Will Not Include Kevin Spacey

Вторник, 05 Дек, 2017

When Netflix announced that House of Cards had been canceled and production on season 6 had been halted amid sexual misconduct allegations against the series' star Kevin Spacey, no one was sure what the show's future might hold.

Netflix has chose to move forward with the final season of "House of Cards" without Kevin Spacey, a source familiar with the decision tells CNN.

The final season, which will have eight episodes, was planned before the bombshell allegations against Spacey. Up until this point, each season of the popular drama has run 13-episodes.

Media Rights Capital produces House of Cards and licenses the show to Netflix.

Sarandos said the lifting of the Cards suspension will not only bring closure but return 370 people who work for the show to their jobs.

Home sweet home! House Of Cards will begin shooting without star Kevin Spacey in early 2018. Robin Wright will take the spotlight in the new chapter, which is set to be the show's last.

It is not known when the final season will air nor what the current status of any spin-off might be. Now the pause on the production is extending into the new year.

Netflix plans to spend up to $8 billion on original content in 2018, according to Variety.

"There's a amusing debate over whether a movie for Netflix is really a movie, " Sarandos said. It hopes some of its movies, such as "Bright", starring Will Smith, may be shown in movie theaters so that people who want to "go out on Friday night" can enjoy them. It was unclear whether filming would ever resume on the Emmy-winning series.

"We've been careful to not become a one-brand network".

During a conference today, Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos confirmed that the show will continue and that the upcoming season has been reworked to have Claire Underwood at the centre of the show.