"Sure enough, the next morning, the police came and got us". In a "Today" show appearance Tuesday, LiAngelo said that he and his now-former teammates were out shopping when "people starting taking stuff". It's just you and all the officers.
But LaVar Ball always seems to have something up his sleeve, and we'll just have to wait and see what that is. "You know how kids think", he said.
As long as my boy's back here, I'm fine.
When CNN host Chris Cuomo asked Ball whether he has learned anything more about Trump interceding on behalf of his son and his two teammates, Ball said, "I haven't learned anything".
While all three basketball players thanked Trump at a news conference once they were back on USA soil, LaVar Ball has played down Trump's role in bringing them home, prompting furious tweets from the president.
LaVar previously said he is "exploring other options" as to where LiAngelo would play.
"I'm going to make him way better for the draft that UCLA ever could have", Ball told ESPN.
Trump repeatedly blasted Ball for failing to thank him.
LaVar pulled LiAngelo out of UCLA earlier in the week, sidestepping the suspension the university had handed down for the students' shoplifting.
"That's the whole season, pretty much", LiAngelo said of the suspension. "That's just a long time of doing nothing. I'd rather be playing". "That's one of the main reasons he went to UCLA, to play basketball".
LaVar Ball, the boisterous and bombastic patriarch of three basketball-playing sons, has become a major marketing marvel.
The former UCLA freshman's first signature will add to BBB's growing lineup of sneakers that already includes Lonzo's ZO2 Prime, and 16-year old LaMelo's Melo Ball 1. "Watch how I do this".
LaVar Ball, LiAngelo's father, told ESPN that it was his decision to pull his son out of UCLA.
"I ain't got no fallback plan".
"And didn't get a thank you, but I ain't gonna stress it out", Ball said. "I'm a hundred in, so I never get stopped".
If the National Basketball Association draft is the family's focus, LiAngelo Ball might have an uphill battle. CNN has reached out to the White House regarding the receipt of any Big Baller Brand ZO2s but has not yet gotten a response.
- Mitt Romney: Moore's Victory Would Be 'Stain' on US, GOP
- Mega Man X Collection Coming in 2018
- BJP on way to big victory in UP civic polls
- Georgia Leads Auburn by 3: SEC Championship First Half Analysis
- 49ers beat Bears 15-14 with 5 field goals from Robbie Gould
- NY AG continues to investigate 'fake' comments on net neutrality
- Christmas tree lots say supply is fine after scramble over shortages
- Wisconsin finishes sixth in final College Football Playoff rankings
- Shohei Ohtani Informs Yankees That He Is Not Signing With Them
- Facebook launches new kids app