Pictures were snapped of the supermoon rising from various locations including Statue of Liberty replica in NY, the London Eye on Downing Street and the Uppatasanti Pagoda in Myanmar.
Here are photos of the December 3 supermoon rising around the world.
"Nevertheless, the 'moon illusion" can be a dramatic effect, and with the moon rising so early, there will be ample opportunities to see its apparently huge face juxtaposed with the eastern skyline'.
Here is a collection of photos from across Southeast Asia that show how photographers chose to document the only supermoon of 2017.
Check out these lovely images of the supermoon from different areas of the world. Photo / Getty Images Image 7 of 11: The Supermoon captured just outside Kaitaia.
Last year, the supermoon was spotted over other famous Buffalo landmarks including Shark Girl, the Richardson Olmsted Complex and Buffalo City Hall. That often causes the moon to shine with a reddish hue, in what's known as a 'blood moon'. Supermoon around the worldA supermoon means the full moon looks bigger and brighter than normal.
Supermoons occur because of the shape of the moon's orbit around Earth.
But stargazers won't have to wait long for the next supermoon, which is Tuesday, Jan. 2.
The full moons on January 1 and 31, 2018 will both also be Supermoons.
- Top coaches cautious after 2018 FIFA World Cup draw
- Mitt Romney: Moore's Victory Would Be 'Stain' on US, GOP
- Halftime observations from New Jersey: Jets 21, Chiefs 17
- Shohei Ohtani Informs Yankees That He Is Not Signing With Them
- Mega Man X Collection Coming in 2018
- Bryan Singer's sudden absence puts stop to Queen biopic
- BJP on way to big victory in UP civic polls
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester