The Ducks coach has accepted the Florida State head coaching job, according to multiple reports.
Taggart, who joined the Ducks program less than a year ago, would be taking over for Jimbo Fisher, who left the Seminoles last week to take over the Texas A&M program. He was the head coach at the University of OR in December 2016 where coached the Ducks to a record of 7-5 in his first season and finished 4-5 in the Pac-12. For now, Taggart will be the team's coach when they head to Las Vegas to take on the 25th-ranked Mountain West champion Boise State Broncos. Taggart was officially coach of the Ducks for 363 days. He helped South Florida earn its first 10-win season in history in 2016.
This was the first time Florida State had to conduct a coaching search since 1975.
Taggart will take over for Fisher, who spent eight seasons in Tallahassee and won a national title and three ACC crowns but went through a rocky final week on the job. Shockingly, that already makes Mullen the fifth-longest serving coach in the Sunshine State. Cristobal's task, now, will be to prep up the Ducks for their Las Vegas Bowl showdown with Boise State on December 16 as OR goes about their coaching search.
Taggart was hired by Oregon last December to take over after the team went 4-8 under Mark Helfrich, who was sacked three days after a season-ending 34-24 loss to rival Oregon State in the 2016 Civil War.
McMurphy also cited sources saying returning to his home state of Florida was a factor in Taggart's decision.
- Bryan Singer's sudden absence puts stop to Queen biopic
- Christian charity concerned by Facebook's new app for kids
- Apple Pay Cash Is Not Working for Many iOS 11.2 Users
- Afghan soil used in Peshawar university attack
- Ball: I 'didn't get a thank you' for shoes sent to president
- NY truckers protest electronic logging devices
- Halftime observations from New Jersey: Jets 21, Chiefs 17
- Josh McDaniels gets an earful from Tom Brady on sideline
- Facebook launches new kids app
- Major temperature drop and late week winter weather chance for some