Padilla said she was woken up at approximately 4 a.m.by the Los Angeles County Fire Department's orders to evacuate immediately. The 405 North freeway remains closed between the 10 and the 101 freeways, making it challenging to access some local businesses.
Karen Misraje, a partner and branch manager with Partners' Trust, now part of Pacific Union International, and president of the Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Association of Realtors, said firefighters would be informed by the 1961 fire in Bel-Air. It remained unclear whether any structures had been damaged or destroyed in the fire.
Although there was significant destruction from the Creek Fire, both the Los Angeles County blazes paled in size compared to the largest fire (Thomas), which had burned 45,000 acres. Footage shot from inside a vehicle on the 405 showed the fire rolling down a hillside, as if hell itself had appeared in Southern California. At least 1,000 firefighters were deployed to the scene. Mandatory evacuation for area East of the 405 Fwy, South of Mulholland Dr., West of Roscomare Rd.
"This fire is very risky and spreading rapidly, but we'll continue to attack it with all we've got", Brown said.
Thousands of residents were under evacuation order.
Another fire, dubbed the Creek Fire, raged near Sylmar and Kagel Canyon.
Stunned motorists found the hillside ablaze and gridlock below as fire raced towards the homes of numerous city's rich and famous.
The fire was zero percent contained as of Wednesday morning, Terrazas said. Along with the lack of much-needed rain, the Santa Ana winds have made it very hard to contain and put out the fires.
Another wildfire started in LA early morning Wednesday, December 6, this time close to the Getty Center.
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Ball: I 'didn't get a thank you' for shoes sent to president
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Facebook launches new kids app
- Good stocks to great stocks: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Pogba confident United can cope with City threat
- Brokers Recommendations on: Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE:KMI)
- Top smartphones for gaming
- NY truckers protest electronic logging devices